DjangoBooks.com

Chord charts

124»

Comments

• BonesBones Moderator
    Hey Jazza, what would be an example of your last point?

thanks
  • Say you were playing a couple of bars of C dim. C, Eb Gb, A(Bbb)

Figure out lines using C# D. E F G Ab Bb B. It's going to sound pretty crunchy, particularly if you hang on any note then take away the tension by landing on a chord tone or zipping up the Cdim arp

Say something like C# E C# E G G B then C Eb A Gb A A next chord chord tone.

Hope you get the idea, swing the rhythm however you want.

I am writing this from Dingwall Scotland, North of Inverness
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    My guitar buddy Dan Kozar is also headed over to Scotland for a few days studying with Martin Taylor...

http://martintaylor.com/retreats/scotland-2014/

Are you by any chance going there too, Jay?
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 3,707
    Hi Will. I am in Scotland at the moment but am visiting with family. Cornwall, Lancaster and Scotland. Puttin on lots of miles. No guitar only sax...except for a one night jam in Lancaster.

Off to the Isle of Skye shortly
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed