DjangoBooks.com

Forum's 10 Year Anniversary!

MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
in Welcome Posts: 6,152
Ten years ago this month I started this forum as a way to answer the many question regarding my books. It's amazing to look back and see how it's developed over the years! The DjangoBooks forum is probably now the biggest online repository for Gypsy jazz, making it a valuable asset to all of us interested in playing, listening to, and researching this rich, but often inaccessible genre. Many thanks to all the members, both new and old, who have made the forum what it is today....

Michael
BucoBluesBop HarryNoneRob MacKillopFranz MoralesMarkAjonpowlVeedonFleeceNemanjaJSantaand 5 others.

Comments

• pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    Congratulations !

So Glad Your Here For Us

Thank You

:party: :-c ;)

MichaelHorowitz
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    That's just nuts. It seems more like two or three years. I guess that means we're having fun!

Congrats Michael !!!

Well, I'm off to the theatre... premiere of the "7 Wonders of Ballynock" tonight... a local playwright & company.
    MichaelHorowitz
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • Have only been a member for a little over a year, but its been such a source of help and encouragement for me and others who have no GJ players or luthiers anywhere near us.
    Thanks!
    MichaelHorowitz
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    Great work, Michael. Anyone who picks up a Selmer style guitar in the US, directly or indirectly owes a debt to you.
    MichaelHorowitz
  • Ackkkkk....booooo...it can't be that long......I can't afford to live the rest of my life at 240 bpm.....

Seriously @MichaelHorowitz it is a truly wonderful thing you have done for us. Add y thanks and my appreciation. It's truly been inspirational and educational for me.
    MichaelHorowitz
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    ..eight years for me, its been an invaluable source for me to be honest, keep it rockin
    MichaelHorowitz
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • Rob MacKillopRob MacKillop Edinburgh, Scotland✭✭✭✭
    I just got here. Looking forward to the next decade!
  • Franz MoralesFranz Morales Philippines✭✭
    It's unfortunate that I only discovered this site a little more than a year ago. I've wanted to learn gypsy jazz since the 90's, but lack of players, resources, and teachers where I'm from denied me. But since I discovered this site when I revisited the idea to learn, it has been indispensable. Met lots of cool and talented people here, discovered other players to listen to, found other resources to learn from, etc...etc. I may not post a lot, but I do lurk more, absorbing ideas, tips, and what-not.

Here's to decades more of success to come, and may my son find this site as valuable a resource as it is to me when I start teaching him in a few years :D
    MichaelHorowitz
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Many happy returns, Michael.

Between your amazing books and this amazing website, you've arguably done more for the music we love than anybody else in North America.

Though I've gotta say, our fellow djangobooks.com members Andrew Lawrence, Dennis Chang and Bob Holo have certainly been a big part of this 21st century renaissance.

Thanks, guys, for all you've done, Django would be proud of you.

You young punks of today have NO IDEA what it was like back in the bad old days!

MichaelHorowitz
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • StringswingerStringswinger Santa Cruz and San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭ 1993 Dupont MD-20, Shelley Park Encore
    Thanks for creating this forum Michael and Happy New Year. Here's to the next 10 years. May it be a rewarding journey for us all!

Cheers,

Marc
    www.hotclubpacific.com
    MichaelHorowitz
    "When the chord changes, you should change" Joe Pass