Thanks
Ampsmasher

Comments

• scotscot Virtuoso
    Andre Dedjean
    cavemusicBuco
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    edited October 2016 Posts: 768
    Let's say exactly André Petitjean nicknamed "Dedjean" and the tune was composed as "Stéphane Stomp"
    cavemusicBuco
  • anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
    I thought it was Angelo DeBarre ??

• scotscot Virtuoso

wim
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    edited October 2016 Posts: 768
    SACEM Copyright Database indicates that "Stéphane Stomp" usually known as "Swing Gitan" has been composed by André (Petitjean) Dedjean along with Alphonse "Totol" Masselier (double bass player that played with Django) and André Beaume who wrote the lyrics, it has been edited by Emilhenco in Paris.
    cavemusicBuco
  • Spatzo, thank you for all of this information, I really appreciate it! Is there an origional recordign of stephan stomp on the internet? would love to hear it.
  • scotscot Virtuoso
    Here you go. He was using the same Gibson Barney Kessel back then, too. I'm not 100% sure when this was recorded, sometime in the 70s when this kind of thing was popular in France.
    cavemusicAmpsmasherBillDaCostaWilliamsdjangologydjazzy
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    edited October 2016 Posts: 959
    I thought at first sight someone had posted Albert Lee on here ! I have a 7 inch EP by Andre Dedjean on the Bleu label which includes both Nuages and Minor Swing and has a printed line claiming "Champion de France de Guitare 1964". I wonder what he did to win that? I read somewhere that it was held at the Olympia (one of the biggest venues in Paris) so was there some sort of all-star jam or 'cutting contest'? Anyone know who else was involved?
  • scotscot Virtuoso
    Are you thinking about the 1970 "Nuit des Gitanes" at the Olympia? It was a memorial concert for Sarrane Ferret, and it really was an All-Star jam, with many big names in attendance: Baro, Matelot, Boulou and Challain Ferret, Rene Mailhes, Maurice Ferre and Joseph Pouville, Jacques Montagne, Babik Reinhardt, Stephane Grapelly and Antoine Ciosi. No Andre Dedjean, though - at least not on my cassette...
  • Interesting middle bit @scot thanks for including that mp3
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed