DjangoBooks.com

New website - Django War Quintett

Comments

• adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    @PapsPier Nice job putting this stuff together. I noticed the transcriptions are all in TuxGuitar format, so I added support for TuxGuitar files in Soundslice. I didn't realize people used TuxGuitar, to be honest! You can now upload any TuxGuitar file to Soundslice and play it, slow it down, loop, combine with a source recording, etc.

Adrian
    TubaphoneNejcpickitjohn
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    Thanks Adrian, very nice of you to have adding that.
    I dont know to be honest if people use that or not. The reason I decided to use that is because I was not happy with the pdf style of the tab I was getting with the software I use. Since TuxGuitar is free, I thought it was not a bad option.
    But the Soundslice rendering of the tab is undeniably better!

Maybe later, I will look for a solution to make nice pdf of tabs (I know it exists but I didnt learn that yet)

And I am looking forward your redesign of DCMusic School!!
    adrian
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    Hello
    a little update: the transcriptions and information related to 1946 are now available.
    So practically, you will find the information for 4 rarely played tunes I Wont Dance, On the sunny side of the street, Yours and Mine and Swingtime in Springtime.
    You can also find information about 3 new musicians: Jack Dieval, the Debussy of Jazz (as he was called in US), Arthur Motta and Lucien Simoens.

Hope you ll like it!
    BucoNone
  • MatteoMatteo Sweden✭✭✭✭ JWC Modele Jazz, Lottonen "Selmer-Maccaferri"
    edited October 2016 Posts: 393
    Apropos Speevy/Cavalerie:

Wind and strings (Baro Ferret, Gus Viseur) – 1

Wind and strings (Baro Ferret, Gus Viseur) – 2
  • rob.cuellarirob.cuellari ✭✭✭✭
    wondering if there's a single URL where all of the tabs can be downloaded in one instance?
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    Not yet! I ll do this once all the transcriptions are done. I ll provide a zip file with all the tux guitar tabs and a pdf file with all the chords and a second pdf with the sheets.

For now, you have to go on each page.
  • well done @PapsPier marvellous work
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
    cool. if there's any that you want to prioritize but haven't gotten done, lemme know and i can work some of them out.
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    Thanks for your comments. Rob if you want to work on some of the transcriptions of Django solos from 1947, I would be happy to have some help! You can pick any of these tunes Swing 39, Swing 41, Swing Guitars, Viper s dream, Insensiblement, Gypsy With a Song, Mano, Danse nuptiale/Micro, Billet doux, Féerie, Louise, Lover man, Sweet Chorus, Swing Dynamique. I didnt start to work on it yet and they are not available elsewhere so far.
    Thanks in advance
    confirming? if so i'll give this one a shot :)