DjangoBooks.com

GJ in Portland?

Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
edited March 2007 in North America Posts: 1,002
I am going to be in the Portland, Oregon area (actually Albany) for a wedding from March 22-25. I have no idea what kind of gypsy jazz scene Portland has, but if anyone knows of any good groups in the area or if anyone will be playing one of those dates, I'd love to get a chance to hear them.
I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.

Comments

• kidtulsakidtulsa New
    Hey,
    Portland has a pretty big GJ scene -- you can check out the local calendar on the yahoo groups site 'pdxdjazz'. There's a jam session on Sat. 24th starting around 4-5PM at the Moon and Sixpence Pub, and my group (The Pete Krebs Trio) plays a free happy hour at the Laurelthirst Public House from 6-8PM, and a 9-11:30 at the Gotham Tavern (again on the 24th). I'm sure a couple of other groups have a late night gig somewhere in town as well. Email me directly at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> if you need addresses, etc.
    cheers,
    Pete
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    I sent you an e-mail Pete.
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    Also...most Sunday nights "Swing Papillon" play at Mississippi Station in NE Portland from 7-9pm. They are a tight swinging quartet with the great Brian Darby on lead guitar and phenomenal James Mason on violin :D

...(Just don't eat the food there!) :shock:

Cheers,

Phil
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Thanks, Phil. I hope I can make it to something. Looks like I'm missing Wrembel, Kruno, and Andreas by just a few days. Damned kids can never time these weddings right...
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    10 years later ... I searched the forums for Portland and this came up. Anyone there now, what's the scene like? Any jams or gigs or keen players here? Brought my guitar along to hopefully play a bit in my spare time whilst here for PyCon
  • t-birdt-bird Portland, Oregon Castelluccia Nuages, Dupont Nomade
    PM sent
    tnhughes
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    Wim this is the only one I know of and its today:
    Jam Session at VELO CULT
    SATURDAY 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
    Velo Cult : bicycle repair, beer/wine bar, performance venue
    1969 NE 42nd Ave, Portland.

tnhughes
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Thanks guys. I probably can't make the one today, because the conference schedule runs until about 6 or 6.30pm. Free after that.
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator

Finally got a website up and running for one of our Portland, Oregon bands:

https://djangosbookclub.band/

bbwood_98Azazzell
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!

@djangology - hey congrats Jon! Looks great! Can't wait to hear more from you all.

B.

djangology