DjangoBooks.com

Eastman Gypsy Guitars Coming

Comments

• The Eastmans are not the Music Link Paris Swing guitars. My sources at Eastman assure me that they are using their factory, and the VP at music link is a friend of the store, and he said they are not associated with Eastman in any way, nor are the guitars the same. Finally, Paris swing line was discontinued two years ago, and we have been unable to get them. Music Link is right down the street in Hayward, and we wanted them to drive a few gypsy guitars down for a clinic. None were to be had. Hope this helps settle that debate.
  • Brad HermanBrad Herman San Francisco, CANew JWC Modele Jazz, Stankevicius Alena, Alexander Polyakov Selmer #6
    McQ wrote: »
    Eh. Just wait until it actually comes out and play one if you're interested rather than perpetuating a rumor about a guitar that hasn't been released yet.

Just trying to find the source. I have serious doubts about the Eastman-Paris Swing connection, but I also follow **** and would like to be aware of the statements by Tommy if he's actually making them. Overall on the web, my way of working is that if someone states he saw something online I like to have a source to read for myself and explore on my own.

It's in the Friends of the Archtop Guitar group on Facebook... https://www.facebook.com/groups/5744428469/

Can't link to the actual post.

Actual quote
    Not confirmed as I have not seen one in person yet to verify: All 3 models that have been posted are nearly identical to the Paris Swing models already being sold by Music Link/previously marketed as "Dell Arte" developed by Dell Arte. (Which sell for $649.00) It should be pretty easy for anyone attending the NAMM to check both brands out and check the specs. Even the tuners are the same........Perhaps they were hoping nobody would notice and buy on brand recognition alone?

It looks like the photo he was using was the old D-hole prototype photo that was floating around.
    McQ
  • I commented on that Facebook thread about how to the best of my knowledge, the Eastmans have nothing to do with the Paris Swing models. Will confirm at NAMM show next week.
    McQ
  • gitpickergitpicker Beijing/San Francisco✭✭✭✭ Gibson, Favino, Eastman
    edited January 2018 Posts: 213
    A comment made by ****, while in conversation with **** of Dell Arte and Latch Drom guitars.
    www.dougmartinguitar.com
    Live life and play music like it's your last day on earth. One day you'll be right- Russel Malone
  • gitpickergitpicker Beijing/San Francisco✭✭✭✭ Gibson, Favino, Eastman
    Anyway, as stated, there's no connection. The topic is dead. The guitars will be out soon, then folks can form their own opinions :)
    MichaelHorowitzMcQBillDaCostaWilliamspickitjohn
    www.dougmartinguitar.com
    Live life and play music like it's your last day on earth. One day you'll be right- Russel Malone
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    edited January 2018 Posts: 2,159
    Oh jeez, what a political mess. I'm glad that I sort of live outside the box so I don't have to play the political game. But in a niche genre such as Gypsy Jazz, there's a whole intricate political climate that average joes aren't aware of. This is the reason why I dislike real life politics!

I don't want to get thrown in the middle of it, because

A ) I'm friends with just about everyone and like everyone equally ,

B ) Last time people ganged up on someone and I offered a different point of view (because I personally knew the person being ganged up on), I ended up being attacked. Luckily that issue got resolved eventually

Here's the thing , I don't know about any of the details of X or Y guitar, but I just want to say that people are saying "Tommy said this and that on FB" here on this forum where Tommy is unable to defend himself.

I'm not saying Tommy's right or wrong, I'm just saying that it's now set up in such a way where Tommy's a very easy target.

Like I said, I'm friends with everyone. Tommy has especially helped me out in the past; he helped sponsor the Angelo Debarre video lessons I produced, he's helped me out with lots of other things. I know he's a bit brash, but it seems he originally posted something on FB, and then this thing then gets posted elsewhere where he can't defend himself. In the future, before saying "Tommy (or anyone else) says this on FB" on other forums, it's best to get all the facts from said person before reporting it on another forum as was done here.

It's like the one time I said something along the lines of "generally Gypsies play by instinct, and therefore they don't always play the right chords to a song", then I get a private message from a guy saying that someone told him that I said he was a shitty musician, and then his uncle confronts me at Samois with the same accusation . Luckily I was able to explain myself, and we are buddies once more.
  • Brad HermanBrad Herman San Francisco, CANew JWC Modele Jazz, Stankevicius Alena, Alexander Polyakov Selmer #6
    Yeah I didn’t mean for this to spin off the way it did...
    Also that specific thread is now deleted, so...
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    Dennis, tell it it like it is! I tried to get the thread back on track politely but......

Now put down the internet and go practice
    Brad HermanAndrewUlleBillDaCostaWilliams
  • constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
    edited January 2018 Posts: 485
    At the end of the day, its another 6 pound gypsy guitar that will be selling for $300 used on eBay (that is if the specs posted are correct).