DjangoBooks.com

Fapy Lafertin & Lejazz - Swing guitars & Hungaria remastered

123457»

Comments

• Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    Ha ha Dave. You should'a kept that chauffeur around. I didn't actually think you did 113 takes of J'attendtrai, but if I'm hearing you right, you did 1,102 takes in five days! While I realize they are not all complete takes -- that must be some kind'a record. Good for Guinness, I'd say. If not the World Record book, at least for the beer! AE
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E
    Very late to the party here but just picked up a copy of these fantastic 2 discs. I saw them on Michael's booth at DiJ but didn't have my wallet with me. When I returned, they had been purchased.

Instantly, I'm blown away by the sound production. Just fantastic. Dave Kelbie could probably teach a Master Class on how to make you sound like lost Django recordings. The only thing is, the only one that could actually pull off the playing part to make it convincing is Fapy.

If you don't own these, do yourself a favor and order them now. Don't think about it. Just do it. You'll be glad you did.
    djangobooks.com/Item/lafertin-le-jazz
    Bob Holo
  • terrassierterrassier France
    Dave Kelbie could probably teach a Master Class on how to make you sound like lost Django recordings. The only thing is, the only one that could actually pull off the playing part to make it convincing is Fapy.

djangobooks.com/Item/lafertin-le-jazz

Dont know if you have already come across him ? but Duved sounds pretty convincing to my ears too !
    billyshakes
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    I bought both the Fapy CDs on LeJazz - 'Swing Guitars' and 'Hungaria' - back in the mid '90s when they were first released and still play them regularly.
    That was back when Fapy used to play occasionally in London with the great Dave Kelbie rhythm machine alongside. I saw them a couple of times at the Jackson's Lane Theatre in Highgate (a converted church) and later also at Ronnie Scott's in Soho; wonderful memories!
    I remember being impressed by the warm 'in the room' sound of the LeJazz recordings back then so I don't know how a new remastered set could be improved, but yes, for anyone that does not already have them, highly recommended.