DjangoBooks.com

La Manouche Waltz

richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in Repertoire Posts: 518
Did Angelo write the song La Manouche (gypsy waltz)? I'm working on it now and his is the only version I find.

Comments

• François RAVEZFrançois RAVEZ FranceProdigy
    Tony MURENA and Joseph COLOMBO wrote a waltz called 'La Manouche' which is dedicated to their good friend Gus VISEUR (see attached music sheet). It seems that Angelo's waltz is based on this tune.
    Best

François
    well, may be not.
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing that Francois! Not the same tune, but very cool. Is that from a book you have?
  • Charles MeadowsCharles Meadows WV✭✭✭ ALD Original, Dupont MD50
    It was originally on this album I think, with Angelo listed as the composer.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BB3A7ZS/ref=dm_ws_tlw_trk7

There's also a version on his DVD "Live in Paris", which is this youtube clup I think.

• Charles MeadowsCharles Meadows WV✭✭✭ ALD Original, Dupont MD50
    Also there's this powertab file if you have the software to open it. http://www.ozmanouche.com/01_cms/details.asp?ID=82
    djangology
    Thanks Charles for the PowerTab file.

Richter, it is not from a book but from my own collection of small music sheets . What they used to call in France petit format when there were street singers and musicians or simply music shops selling music sheets.
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    Angelo wrote it. You can certainly get the powertab file, but you can also support angelo and get the lesson package that comes with 100% accurate notation and backing track ;-)
    Charles MeadowsBucodjangologybillyshakes
    Go Angelo! Only recently I've been realizing what a great composer he is.
    I wish I asked him about the chords for Entre Amis while at Django in June...
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018 Posts: 518
    Fear not Denis, I'm an ardent DC supporter. Doing this one just from the video tho. Even on the stuff I've bought from DC like all the Moignard lessons, I work it out without the tab. I reserve the tab for the crazy licks that are taking me too long. I'm getting more into Angelos playing now. His style is pretty different from Stochelo who I've studied the most.

Just purchased (as I'm typing this) two Bireli lessons to show my loyalty to all things DC
  • QuadropentaQuadropenta New England USANew
    This is audio of the Colombo/Murena "La Manouche" Waltz:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=3xB_QIAmkts