DjangoBooks.com

My guitar is exploding!

13»

Comments

• Tele295Tele295 San Buenaventura (Latcho Drom), CA✭✭✭ Gitane DG300, D500
    John - I saw that one at Lowe's this morning. It's definitely on my short list.

Both Gitanes are now out of the "sensory deprivation humidity chamber," and performed well at rehearsal this morning. Still a little but of buzzing. I ended up having the shim the bridge on my Jorgenson, and adjusted the truss rod some. Hopefully some vigorous playing will cause it to settle down
    Jill Martini Soiree - Gypsy Swing & Cocktail Jazz
    http://www.jillmartinisoiree.com
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    @Tele295 should be fine I know you gotta feel better already. If my humidifier dries up while I'm away, or not watching as closely as I should. I've taken a small fan and a dampened microfiber Towel clipped to it. I guess you might call it a homemade Humidifier. It gets humidity in the room quickly, watch for the towel to dry and repeat.
    Gets old quick, but it works!

pick on

Pickitjohn
    Huh, fan and a towel. Sounds pretty awesome, I'll try that.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    Microfiber are incredible!

You could dry off after a shower with one, they hold a lot of moisture for their size. I also have three in my guitar case to cushion & fill the voids around the guitar.

pick on

Pickitjohn