DjangoBooks.com

BlueChip SR60: Speed Bevel or Round Tip

Comments

• kevorkazitokevorkazito Winnipeg Manitoba Canada✭✭

That's definitely the way to do it.

I found a Gravity pick the other day and laid it down with four others. It really amazed how each pick was doing more than EQ'g the sound.

I'll probably get it as I don't want to stop searching for 'it'.

Buco wrote: »
    But then I did a blind test with a friend where a friend was playing turned away from me and me listening and I picked out blue chip as my favorite tone among 5 or so other picks, all the usual GJ suspects.

Buco
  • As mentioned in other topics related to the SR60, the Dunlop Primetone 515is is a ballpark estimate of the SR60. I prefer the BlueChip to the primetone. If you are on the fence, three pack of the Dunlops is ~ 6 bucks. You might purhcase these to determine if you like the general feel of the more expensive BlueChip.
    I use the Primetones at home, along with the Dunlops that Gonzalo et al use. At a gig, I line my case with a few of the black dunlops (backup) and my shirt pocket or coin pocket in my jeans with a BlueChip and a Wegen.

I prefer the rounded edge on any pick, period.

Thanks for the tip Jim. I'll grab some if these. It's taken me a couple of years to acclimatize to my Wegen, Big City picks. For that reason I'm a bit reticent to jump around.
  • NemanjaNemanja ALD Original
    @kevorkazito: Same here! Before I got the SR60, the Wegen Big City pick was my No. 1 choice and I was almost 100% certain that there was nothing else to replace it. I did try out quite a few other picks but once I got the SR60 there was no doubt that that's THE ONE for me. The tone is so much warmer and rounder and I just fell in love with my ALD all over again.
    It did take me some time to get used to it, but the period of adjustment was definitely well worth it.
    kevorkazitoBuco
    Ahhh finally a thread where everyone is on the same page regarding SR60 and I don't have to defend blue chip, what a great start of the day :)
    kevorkazito
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    Gotta Say I do Love my BlueChip also.
    They also sell a small Bluechip Pick Pouch for $4.00 Keychain type sure helps me keep track of a $35.00 PICK.

I also found that the D'Andrea PRO PLEC-346 Rounded Triangle , 12-Piece 1.5mm which I picked up for less then $1.00 a pick very similar. I usually will Hand Buff a 45 degree bevel with some fine sand paper and a nail buffer block, not nearly as freaked out if I misplace one of these.
    kevorkazitoBuco
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 3,707
    My Blue Chip lives under the strings between the 1st and 2nd fret. Locked in until I push it out. A habit I learned from my oldest friends dad waaaayyyyy back when.
    kevorkazito
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed

That Primetone was a special order everywhere I called today.

Well, I just closed my eyes and pulled the trigger and ordered the BlueChip.

I don't lose many picks and I better not lose this one, lol...

Thanks for the advice.
    As mentioned in other topics related to the SR60, the Dunlop Primetone 515is is a ballpark estimate of the SR60. I prefer the BlueChip to the primetone.

Buco

Well, you convinced me to try it after all my mulling :)
    Nemanja wrote: »
    @kevorkazito: Same here! Before I got the SR60, the Wegen Big City pick was my No. 1 choice and I was almost 100% certain that there was nothing else to replace it.

Nemanja

Most important is whether this will sweeten up my humble Altamira M01. With the Canadian dollar in nosedive I won't be seeing my upgrade (...DupontM50) anytime soon.