DjangoBooks.com

Manoucheries forum down-- what's going on?

Comments

• gatsbygatsby United States✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015 Posts: 119
    I didn't imply the forum shut down because of what people wrote, it might just be a technical problem, and I assume the owner of Manoucheries would have let us know had he decided to slam the door and leave us high and dry.

Manoucheries has known way worst fights in the past. Like Paps said, most people on Manoucheries are courteous and just want to share information.

In any case, get better, Manoucheries! :(|)
    I found new videos I wanna post there!

For those of you who missed it on Manoucheries, I posted a few days ago some "new" old Bireli + Gypsy Project, from 2001 or 2004, it's still not clear. Anyway, it is, as we say in French, monstrueux.

I've Found a New Baby

Night and Day
    BluesBop Harrysteven_eire
  • spudspud paris, france✭✭✭✭
    PapsPier wrote: »
    Over there, there are a lot of really nice people spud, too! People who share information, pictures, scores, music generously and there is a few people (no more than 5) who spoil the posts with useless, incorrect information. The main difference between Djangobooks and Manoucheries is the moderation (and the spirit of moderation).

I agree. Though i think its more than 5 people that make the site tedious and its a shame that they have made a lot of people leave the forum. The fact that moderation is not even an issue here highlights the difference between both the sites.

• BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Thanks for sharing Gatsby!
    Bireli is King! Long live the King!
    BucoStringswinger
  • gatsbygatsby United States✭✭✭✭
    Good news, Manoucheries should be back in 2-3 days, says its owner.
    http://guitarejazzmanouche.com/
    Bob Holo
  • MatteoMatteo Sweden✭✭✭✭ JWC Modele Jazz, Lottonen "Selmer-Maccaferri"
    Super! Génial! Top cool!
    By the way, there was a thread there recently about a new compilation of Hot Club de France recordings with much improved sound. In particular, you are supposed to hear the rhythm guitars better than before. And some tunes that haven't sounded so well so far have been cleaned up sound wise. I think Samy Daussat was involved in some way. And if I remember right the release date was sometime in October or November. Has anyone here heard anything more about it?
  • spudspud paris, france✭✭✭✭
    Matteo wrote: »
    By the way, there was a thread there recently about a new compilation of Hot Club de France recordings with much improved sound. In particular, you are supposed to hear the rhythm guitars better than before. And some tunes that haven't sounded so well so far have been cleaned up sound wise. I think Samy Daussat was involved in some way. And if I remember right the release date was sometime in October or November. Has anyone here heard anything more about it?

Yep it was released on the 15th, here is the link
    http://www.adf-bayardmusique.com/album1532-le-quintette-a-cordes-integrale-entierement-remasterisee

though i'm not sure yet how one can order the complete set for downloading, there only seems to be the cd version or individual song downloads. there are also charts and chord diagrams for all the songs available soon done by samy daussat and someone else.

• Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Matteo wrote: »
    By the way, there was a thread there recently about a new compilation of Hot Club de France recordings with much improved sound.

Even the low resolution clips sound great... wow... is that 39 Euro for 8 CDs? If so - a bargain. If it's 39 Euro x 8... that'll be over $400 after VAT & shipping. At that price, the downloads start to look attractive if they're of sufficient bitrate
    renzok
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
    Tanks! Well the price ought to be for the whole 8 cd package. Is that the only distributor? I'd prefer to buy from some place I'm already familiar with, If possible. The other person besides Samy Daussat in charge of the chord charts could be Max Robin.