DjangoBooks.com

impossible pickup?

Comments

• Quite happy with my Peche. Playing through Fishman you can EQ to sound more acoustic, through my Blues Jr, very late Django.
    woodamand wrote: »
    Note how the pickup does not block the tone hole, therefore does not affect the acoustic volume. Of course the ends of the fretboard have to be squared off to do this. I winder why I have never seen a setup like this, straight from the luthier?

How timely for you:

http://www.djangobooks.com/forum/discussion/15295/new-shopis-model-megafauna-with-charlie-christian-pu/p1

Tempted?
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • woodamandwoodamand Portland, OR✭✭✭ 2015 JWC Favino replica
    That is the idea. I really think if it would actually fit between the end of the fretboard and the tone hole, it might not have any effect on the tone at all. Anyone here who is a builder, maybe Mr. Holo, could you comment on this?
    Now that I look at it, I don't see how t his would work without body. I would envision something that would sit on top, with maybe clips to hold it on, and still not block the soundhole.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 3,707
    My DuPont has a really interesting and effective pickup situation. A Macintyre feather on the underside of the top and some unidentified maybe Lavalier style mic tied into the circuit suspended between top and bottom near the sound hole.

I gather it may have been installed by DuPont (my guitar is a mid 90's). In talking with the wife of Mr. MacIntyre who still runs the company.....she remembers sending a number of them over to him in the 90's.

It is one of the best acoustic amplification setups I have heard and at quite high volumes feedback control is straightforward as the notch can be made very narrow.

For gigging there's not much difference between it and my Neumann mic.

@woodamand if you have French a call to DuPont might yield further details or an email. They can be a bit slow but I found them to be very helpful
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
    So I am toying again with the idea of the Krivo, especially since they are on sale right now for the holidays. I do wonder: how to you folks secure the guitar chord to the guitar? I have a hard time believing that you just let it hang loose.
    TIA
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 4,750
    It's all good man just let it
    mnfhg32io5xe.png
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
    :)
  • t-birdt-bird Portland, Oregon Castelluccia Nuages, Dupont Nomade
    You think this guy's tone is lousy due to the pickup getting in the way? ;)

[youtube]
  • Hard to tell with the recording chain used.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed