DjangoBooks.com

Ian Cruickshank

13»

Comments

• TonyReesTonyRees New South Wales, Australia

Hey Bill, I'd love to hear that cassette if you can post a digitised version somewhere. From the tracks on youtube it seems to be a live recording of the trio. My guess is that it was only ever released on cassette - in fact he mentions it to me in one of his letters of the time I think. Is there a number on the cassette cover or label, or other info I can add to the Wikipedia page? Thanks - Tony

• BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

@TonyRees Info attached.

BucorudolfochristvanmalmsteenBones

Thanks Bill, that info now added to the Wikipedia page :)

Cheers - Tony

Buco
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.

Well done Bill, you beat me to it. I converted that one to burn on to CD some time ago. I also have his later CD, Django Meets The Duke and the 'Swinging Spirits' CD with Pearl Django. I also have two Gary Potter tapes that Ian released through his Fret Records business, both feature Ian as well.

Thanks Bill - appreciated! Cheers Tony

• scotscot Virtuoso

Thanks for posting all that, Bill. The playing is excellent and a fine example of how people played 30 years ago. Typical of the modest guy that Ian was, though we exchanged a lot of stuff over the years, he never mentioned this.

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

That Swinging Spirits CD with Pearl Django looks like it was released around the same time as PD's Le Jazz Hot (also put out on Fret Records). Some of the cover photos look like they are the same/from a similar session. Do those other CDs have any of Dudley Hill's great chord comping solos?

• delb0ydelb0y ✭✭

Thanks for the links - great stuff. Really enjoyed that.