DjangoBooks.com

Best archtops?

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    rgrice wrote: »
    I
    @michaelhorowitz what's the best, most natural pickup for the Eastman?

@rgrice Well, pickups are highly personal and they all have their advantages and disadvantages. If you're looking to keep it totally acoustic you'd probably be best off putting a K&K Pure Archtop in it or just using a mic type system like DPA, Ischell, or Schertler (but the mics are more prone to feedback.)

If you want more volume, than a magnetic pickup is best. The Benedetto S7 or the Kent Armstrong floating humbucker are the most popular.
  • AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
    If you are ever planning on visiting the beautiful Niagara area, feel free to PM me and perhaps we can get together and do some jamming.

We've been to NOTL many times over the years, first in 1991, most recently last summer. I hope to get up there this summer and see Stephen Fry perform in the Shaw Festival, but it's not definite yet. Once I book the trip, I'll let you know. But be warned - I'm operating at a pretty low level as a GJ rhythm player. LOL
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Great, Andrew. We will be in Cleveland next month for the CIFF..
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
    Anybody ever use one of these Tonerite gadgets to wake up a sleepy archtop?

https://www.tonerite.com/products/guitar-tonerite
    mcgroup53
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
    @pickitjohn does, on all his guitars. Says it works.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
    Buco, do you know if he just uses it once, or does he keep it on his guitar/s regularly when he's not playing?

It's always on a guitar, he keeps rotating which one gets a massage.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • MarkAMarkA Vermont✭✭✭ Holo Epiphany, Gibson L-5
    I have used it on several and noticed an improvement (maybe between a third and half the time) in terms of volume more than tone (but that also seemed a bit better at times). Not as dramatic as string and action changes but seemed to help in some cases after 2-3 weeks. I can’t say how much was the tone rite and how much was playing a guitar that had been long entombed in its case.
  • @Bones it’s a ‘38 Triumph and I can do a trade with my Tele for it.