DjangoBooks.com

Galli V027 S & S Low E doesn't go all the way in the tailpiece?

Comments

• PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭

That's a great question, Bones!

-Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.

Buco, do you mean you strip the wrapping, leaving just the metal, and file that down to fit through the hole? Do you rewrap it?

-Paul

Yeah a few times I had to remove the wrapping which is decorative only. Then use a file to just a little bit shave down the metal winding. Of course you gotta watch to not go to far.

Passacaglia
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel

OK thanks Buco.

-Paul

• vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Diamond Springs ,CANew Latch Drom F, Eastman DM2v, Altamira m30d , Altimira Mod M

I’m sold on the Gallis but I’m just going to stick with the loops from now on

Passacaglia
  • mac63000mac63000 Tacoma, WANew Geronimo Mateos Jazz B

Can you pop the little metal cylindrical piece out of the end of the string and just use it like a loop end???

I was wondering the same thing... Just about to order some new strings and now I'm more curious about trying these.

Passacaglia
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!

I used to have this all the time - trying to play seven string . . .

I still have this problem with the tuners on my eastman . . (at the top doesn't fit my 56 e string from some set . . .

Any how I'm with bones - easy solution, unwind the string a bit from the end, pop the ball out and use it as a loop.

B.

Passacagliavanmalmsteen
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole

Sometimes I've had to burn off the coloured thread windings at the ball end.

Passacaglia
    always learning

I'm having trouble for some reason doing searches - get an error and a null return - so sorry for what I'm sure has been dealt with already. I love the V027's, but after only a couple weeks it seems they are giving up the ghost. Going dead.

Is this common, or perhaps it's just a bad set? I've several La Bella's in the wings of various thicknesses, but would hope I'd get longer than a couple of weeks with the Gallis. Any experiences?

-Paul

Silk and steel definitely lose their shimmer sooner than their silvered counterparts. At least for me they always did.

Passacaglia
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel