DjangoBooks.com

Galli V027 S & S Low E doesn't go all the way in the tailpiece?

13»

Comments

I think Pyramid has some nice overtones that I liked. I stopped using them though because high kept getting unwrapped across several sets.

Passacaglia
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the comments Buco. I'll put the Pyramids on the cart.

I loved the V027's, just would have hoped for a longer life. Just starting back so taking it a bit easy, maybe an hour a day of pretty easy playing, so wondered if a couple of weeks is to be expected, or maybe it's just a bad set.

Or maybe I'm impatient to put the La Bellas on board to see how they sound.🤔

Buco
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • mac63000mac63000 Tacoma, WANew Geronimo Mateos Jazz B

@Passacaglia Michael H mentioned in a recent thread on Galli strings that the GSL's are a coated version of their silk and steel, whereas the V027's aren't coated. Those might give you a bit more life but not sure about tone.

Strings are cheap thrills, go for it.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Diamond Springs ,CANew Latch Drom F, Eastman DM2v, Altamira m30d , Altimira Mod M

My Gallis are already toast:( I posted a video a when they were new I’ll check and see but couldn’t have been more than three weeks ago. C’est la vie... I’ll have them on there for another couple months to come, I kind of like the ultra mellow sound They are giving

• PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭

Thanks guys. I must sweat sulfuric acid. The wound strings feel "corroded" and B and E feel anemic. Overall a drop off in sound. The cool thing I found about these strings after the Argies is how tight and dry they were, with good, round growling bass. Or, I'm just changing. 😎

I think I'll get some GSL's and some more V027's, maybe even the Fisomas. Yeah, I'm overcome with SAS (string acquisition syndrome). My wife is going to love you Buco. First explanation as to why so many metal chord thingys, you're under the bus.🤫

Buco
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.