DjangoBooks.com

Right hand picking positions

2ยป

Comments

• TwangTwang New

Whoo! your sufferin for your art there mate ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

rudolfochrist
  • rudolfochristrudolfochrist Worms, GermanyNew Dupont MD-100

The suffering has long gone ๐Ÿ˜‚ Actually, I can't remember how it used to be but now I have a thick layer of callus on top of my index finger that shields me from any pain and suffering. ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช

WillieTwang

This "hybrid" picking happens a lot and seems like it happens on it's own for some reason. I'm sure it plays a role in getting a mellower sound.

TwangrudolfochristChristopheCarington
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • WillieWillie HamburgNew

Reading my note again I am afraid "playing close to the bridge" might be misleading. As I am plucking the strings on my Epiphone archtop as close as possible to the neck because of that mellow sound, plucking between soundhole and bridge of my Di Mauro is already "playing close to the bridge" for me; I did not mean striking 2 millimeters away from the bridge and scratching along ...๐ŸŽธ๐Ÿ˜ž

Twang
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgowโœญโœญโœญโœญ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole

I just read the post as picking 'closer' to the bridge rather than picking right beside it.

Williewim
    always learning
  • WillieWillie HamburgNew
    edited March 2021 Posts: 826

@crookedpinky: So we see that the difference between a word with five and another one with six letters can be up to 1 inch, in certain circumstances maybe even more ...

BillDaCostaWilliamsBuco