DjangoBooks.com

Small (and big) children draw guitars and other musical impressions

Comments

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Yeah, I was reminded of his style similar to this one of Gus Viseur. He also plays in Les Primitifs du Futur and draws their covers (which look similar to the Cheap Suit Serenaders cover you posted.

WillieBillDaCostaWilliams
  • WillieWillie HamburgNew

Martin Graf

Tuba player after the rehearsal.

Martin Graf

Stiefelknecht and Donnersperg at the Blurred Edges Festival, Hamburg

• BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

Eddie South (who recorded with Django) by Robert Crumb

BucoWilliebillyshakes

New preschool class, new drawings. We discussed differences and similarities of a tenor uke, a baritone uke, a classical guitar and an acoustic bass. The 5 and 6 year old children then made drawings of the instruments.

BillDaCostaWilliamsBuco
    edited December 2023 Posts: 833

Holidays.

Time to present another great graphic artist: Tomi Ungerer (born 1931 in Straßburg, died 2019 in Cork), author of many picture books not only forchildren https://www.tomiungerer.com/.

All the above pictures are taken from

Das große Liederbuch

(The big songbook)

204 deutsche Volks- und Kinderlieder, gesammelt von Anne Diekmann, unter Mitwirkung von Willi Gohl, mit 156 bunten Bildern von Tomi Ungerer

BucoBillDaCostaWilliams
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

I hadn't come across Tomi Ungerer before.

Seems he had a very varied life and eventually settled in my native county:

edited December 2023 Posts: 833

@BillDaCostaWilliams I always loved his "stubborn" art work and especially his picture books like for example this one:

Or that one:

And I appreciate that as an illustrator he dares to go against the lyrics as shown by the fiddler with the factory in the background ("Hans Spielmann stimme deine Fiedel") or the gypsy guitar player and the caravan ("Lustig ist das Zigeunerleben") above.

https://lyricstranslate.com/de/lustig-ist-das-zigeunerleben-funny-gypsies-life.html

BillDaCostaWilliamsBuco
    edited January 26 Posts: 833

"I leave you ... and I take all my guitars with me!"

wimBillDaCostaWilliamsBucoJangle_Jamie
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

And note her happy smile! I do see a Selmer-style there so "Chapeau" to the artist. Btw, @Willie is there a German word or idiomatic expression that is similar to "Chapeau." Like "Hat's off" in English but maybe with a meaning like "Gut gemacht?"