DjangoBooks.com

Small (and big) children draw guitars and other musical impressions

Comments

• WillieWillie HamburgNew

@billyshakes: "Hut ab!"

I found it interesting that the artist focussed on acoustic guitars, including not only Selmer-style but also archtop, Dobro and kind of Sicilian folk guitar (the second from the left).

"In 1828, the French guitarist Charles de Marescot published a small booklet called La Guitaromanie, a collection of pieces for the guitar. It includes a caricature, entitled Discussion entre les Carulistes et les Molinistes, in which two opposing bands of guitarists are engaged in a fierce fight. Although, several scholars have proposed a variety of possible motives for such a shocking image, this issue has never been subjected to close examination. The article analyses the veracity of the known theories, making for the first time a comparative study between the method books of both Ferdinando Carulli and Francesco Molino, in a search for answers to the famous querelle."

https://digitalcommons.du.edu/sbs/vol6/iss1/4/

db5BillDaCostaWilliams
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Almost directly the same in English. I shouldn't be surprised. Thanks!

Willie

Yeah, she's like "good riddance mofo"

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel

Keith Richards

I could not identify the artist, the drawing is from this website: https://drawingref.com/guitarist/

BillDaCostaWilliamswimBuco

Hilda Wiener

Andrés Segovia

BillDaCostaWilliams
    edited February 4 Posts: 833

This was my last week as a regular musical teacher in our primary school. I will continue my wind band classes, but as an external teacher, no longer part of the college - back to how I started at this school 14 years ago.

My preschool kids made hearts and a whole book with drawings for me which they gave me on my last day. Here are those that deal with music:

(our music room, seen from above: the round carpet with the chairs, the stage with the drum set)

("Mr. Jakob who is dancing")

BillDaCostaWilliamsJangle_JamieBuco

Good luck with the new adventure, dancing Mr Jakob!

Willie
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Jangle_JamieJangle_Jamie Scottish HighlandsNew De Rijk, some Gitanes and quite a few others

Yes, good luck Willie! I remember my guitar teacher very fondly indeed. He taught me classical from age 12 till I was 16, but we played together after that until I moved to Scotland. I'm sure your pupils will be very grateful to you when they look back. To give the gift of music is about as special as it gets.

billyshakesBucoBillDaCostaWilliamsWillie