DjangoBooks.com

Small (and big) children draw guitars and other musical impressions

Comments

• WillieWillie HamburgNew
    edited April 2021 Posts: 825

Tugra-Mert, 6

Tugra-Mert and Herr Jakob, playing guitar, singing and dancing in the schoolyard.

Karlotta, 5

Exploding flowers with flower-guitar.

Bucojuanderer

Narin, 6

Herr Jakob, playing the caterpillar-guitar and singing "Ich lieb den Frühling".

Nikolai, 6

Niki and some funny animal with flower-guitar, singing "Ich lieb den Frühling".

Avissa, 6

Avissa and a fairy, dancing on a flower meadow.

Buco

Emily, 7

Framus Studio, "honey sunburst", 1960.

I always thought, this guitar would be the "Hobby" model, but it's the "Studio".

By the way, Framus reissued the electrified version of the Studio:

https://www.gitarrebass.de/equipment/namm-2020-framus-stellt-elektrische-hollowbody-vor-5-51-studio-parlor/

As my old one already is a nice tool for campire and holidays (or schoolyard), the 5/51 Studio Parlor might be much more than just a very fine "backpacker-archtop".

billyshakesBuco

Ismael, 7

Dulcimer archtop (the ultimate tool for the advanced high-note-player).

rudolfochristBucolittlemark

Today my first class and I were in the yard, singing and dancing the "Marmot song" (Murmeltierlied). The class is forming a circle, clapping their hands, while one up to three children are dancing. The lyrics evoke strange images from bygone times, when G. Ph. Telemann's mother was seriously worried that her son would be in the company of jugglers, tight rope walkers and marmot handlers when deciding to be a musician instead of an advocate.

"Once when I was travelling, I went to tyrolean land. I probably was smallest in the whole country. All gentlemen and ladies were standing in front of my door, wanting to look at me, the little marmot. Marmot can dance, 1 and 2 and 3 and 4. Marmot, now choose one from here!"

"Als ich einmal reiste, reist' ich ins Tirolerland. Da war ich das kleinste wohl im ganzen Land. Alle Herr'n und Damen standen an vor meiner Tür, wollten sich beschauen mich kleines Murmeltier. Murmeltier kann tanzen, 1 und 2 und 3 und 4. Murmeltierchen wähle nun eines aus von hier!"

Sarah, interpreting my quick drawing

Sarah, 7

Sarah, dancing to the "Marmot song" while Herr Jakob is playing guitar.

BillDaCostaWilliams