DjangoBooks.com

Let's do a Djangobooks colab

1235»

Comments

• edited September 2021 Posts: 4,735

@AndyW I meant you and @PapsPier play clarinet. But you take the violin part and play Stephane's intro melody. Either in unison, which I think can work if we slow down the tempo but play in time. Or you two trade.

As long as we end up doing this tune. It's still leading in votes.

AndyWBillDaCostaWilliams
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭

I m not sure how easy it is to record but the part played by Grapelli on clarinets (maybe at two different octaves or as two voices) could be nice. I ll work on that

Buco

Thanks Pierre! I think it's doable as long as it's in time. I went through the Django's intro today, now it's practice time. It blows my mind, still, after I know (hopefully) what he's playing and then seeing the ease at which he's moving through it. It's incredible. And the harmonic choices and motion, you're thinking "ok this is fairly straightforward" and then he throws in a curve ball. The whole thing is beautiful.

I was hoping for two voices on clarinet but wasn't sure if you guys would be up for it. It would be wonderful. Let's see what Andy says.

AndyW
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel