DjangoBooks.com

Gitane dg320 modele john jorgenson - for sale £950 Ono

slimbo77slimbo77 New
in Classifieds Posts: 9

Hi… I am selling an immaculate condition Gitane DG320. It’s a lovely sounding guitar. Has a clear and warm tone, and has real punch and volume.

The Gitane DG-320 John Jorgenson 6-String Acoustic Guitar is a high-quality, ‘gyspy’ style acoustic guitar. Expertly crafted from solid spruce, mahogany and ebony, it produces a clear, warm tone ideal for a variety of genres including jazz.

This unique and custom design guitar combines all the playability of a traditional long scale “petite bouche” instruments, with the power of the original Maccaferri large mouth D-hole design. 

The main features of the Gitane DG-320 John Jorgenson 6-String Acoustic Guitar include:

• 6-String Acoustic Acoustic Guitar
  • Solid spruce Top
  • Mahogany neck
  • Ebony fingerboard & bridge
  • Natural finish

comes with a high quality fitted hard case, as seen in the photos.

I bought this as a bit of an impulse buy, after seeing an incredible gypsy jazz band at the Ghent festival. I was convinced I was destined to play Manouche guitar. Several years on, I’m still a bass player and this very lovely guitar is confined to its case.

It deserves to be played. I was hoping to recoup 3/4 of what I paid for it, which would be £950. But open to offers in that ballpark.

I’m in edinburgh, but happy to post (with insurance). If it is to be a postal purchase, I’d happily make the transaction through eBay, so buyer is covered by eBays policies. Not currently listed on eBay, but happy to put this up for ‘buy it now’ price, as agreed with buyer.

BucoBillDaCostaWilliams

Comments

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

What is that tortoiseshell-like material used for the binding? Nice look. I used to be just up the A9 and around the corner in Elgin. Good luck with your sale.

slimbo77
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    edited April 2022 Posts: 959

Just a warning.

The ebay thing is a good idea but remember to factor in what that would cost.

Ebay fees are exhorbitant now and either the buyer or the seller is going to have to pay. So if you sell for £950 for example, ebay will deduct about £128 so you receive £822. On the other hand if you want to be sure you get £950 you have to sell for £1080. Then similarly you would have to add about 14% on to any shipping cost because they take a cut of that too.

Selling through Reverb is quite a bit cheaper, total fees deduct 7.7% which would cost you £73 so you get £877, but I am not sure how their buyer or seller protection works, you would have to look into it.

Also, remember if you sell it on here and the buyer pays by Paypal, if it is paid through 'buying goods and services' rather than 'send money to a friend' then for a small percentage there is some security offered.

Hopefully if there is some trust left in the world you can find a buyer through this forum, or maybe one of the Facebook groups which are still free of fees (for now....).

Good luck.

jonpowlBucoWilliebillyshakesBillDaCostaWilliamsslimbo77
  • slimbo77slimbo77 New

Chris… Thanks for the heads up on eBay fees. It’s been a while since I used eBay and had no idea the fees were so high. I’ll look into using reverb and PayPal G&S instead. 👍

• MikeKMikeK Asheville, NCNew Altamira M-10, Epiphone Zephyr Regent

Hi Slimbo

I'm interested in your DG-320 if you still have it. You can PM me if you do.