DjangoBooks.com

Bireli lick

124»

Comments

what do I need to be able to see the lick? I don't see anything, no links, no images...
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Hey Kev,

Can you post the clip. My computer is on it's last legs and it's so old that I don't think it can handle a lot of these programs like VLC and Handbrake. They just don't seem to work.

If you post it I'll transcribe it.

Thanks
  • kevorkazitokevorkazito Winnipeg Manitoba Canada✭✭
    Hi Bones,

Ok, I managed to upload it:

I don't know where the Martino lick in question is. Is it at 02:12?

Anybody know?

This whole DVD is amazing... and I need to get to bed... must stop watching!!! :lol:
  • Svanis1337Svanis1337 ✭✭✭
    I think it might be 3:34 in that Viper's Dream clip. It reminds me of the lick he plays at 1:35 in this clip:

An excellent performance. He plays that lick once in a while I've learned. I tracked down the title of the DVD and it's "Monaco Dreyfus Night" (2009). Bireli plays this tune and then with a female singer and in other lineups without his band.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Thanks guys. I'll work on it today and post it later (hopefully, if I can get it)....
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Ok, here it is.

It starts at 3:34 as noted.

I have not had time to learn it to be able to play along with it to check it but I'm pretty sure that it is very close.
  • qmuddy2qmuddy2 New
    Bones wrote:
    Hey Kev,

Does 'Handbrake' work on a PC? Maybe I can try that to extract Viper's Dream from the Bireli DVD and then play it back on VLC or windows media player...

thanks

Handbrake worked for me but I have been using AppGeeker for the past 8 months.

http://www.ilikemall.com/convert/rip-dvd-to-mp3-mac.html

Both of these compress the original dvd so the quality is not 100%; but You really cant tell. It doesnt bother me none. If you want full quality use AppGeeker. This rips everything including features. I have them both.