DjangoBooks.com

Fapy Lafertin

Comments

• Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    I believe it's Oe Djoevia that he recorded with Bamboula. He never officially released this CD. In the Gypsy Jazz Academy he said he is finally planning to release it -- hopefully this year. While there are bootlegs out there, I hope when he does release it we will all jump on board and buy legit copies so he can get his just reward for this excellent CD.
    Awesome thanks a lot. Just a few weeks ago i've started listening to his music on youtube and he's definitely one of the best players around in my opinion. I have searched the internet somewhat trying to find some of the earlier albums on the discography but haven't had much luck. Does anyone know a good place to get some of the rare fapy recordings/albums? Or should I just be checking ebay now and again?
  • sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
    I can point you to mp3s of the Waso CDs if you're interested.

John
  • jackspoonjackspoon
    I would be very interested in getting hold of 'swing guitars'. I have given up looking. I even emailed dave kelbie but sadly got no reply.

So yeah, where do I find it?

Thanks,

Jack
  • HotTinRoofHotTinRoof Florida✭✭✭
    Funny coincidence as I came into work this morning with the goal of finding a Fapy album and absorbing it.
    Love this video courtesy of Patrus53 - so much here!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... OtW2Ha16v4
  • nicksansonenicksansone Amsterdam, The Netherlands✭✭✭✭
    Where can one locate those Waso cds, Oe Djoevia and the Me Am Kolle Marsch recordings? Patrus 53 has some audio, but I'd like to transcribe some and have them on my computer... Thanks for any info. Fapy is the greatest.
  • MitchMitch Paris, Jazz manouche's capital city!✭✭✭✭ Di Mauro, Lebreton, Castelluccia, Patenotte, Gallato
    Personaly I would recommend albums with Koen or stuff lilke "Fleur de Lavande", "FIne and Dandy" etc...
    I'm really not into those vintage albums because although the playing is great I don't see the point imitating Django that much, after 3 minutes you just want to stop it and listen to the REAL Django.

But it is true that all Fapy records are good anyway.

I found this on djagostation and I think I'll buy it, it looks great. The review is excellent

http://www.djangostation.com/A-Tribute,1356.html
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    Even if Fapy plays in full Django's spirit he trully has his own poetry and this can be heard or listen to with no special effort
    It's very difficult to buy that album from dewerf.be,

Did you find any other places to buy it Mitch? I'm looking for it as well.

Sam
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    Unless you absolutely need to have the hard-copy CDs, you can download mp3 files of the CDs Fine and Dandy and Fleur de Ennui from the iTunes Store. You can also download the mp3 files of Fine and Dandy from Amazon. AE