DjangoBooks.com

Breaking in my new DG-300

12345679»

Comments

• Il TrovatoreIl Trovatore San Jose, CANew
    Heretic wrote:
    Do you mean to say that there are 3 of us who actually admit that we like our DG-300s?
    It's a movement!

Hey man, I like my DG-340, I'm glad people are enjoying their saga's, not everyone can afford a hand made guitar.

I bought mine back in... sept/october (I forget) and its much livelier than it was then.
    The one thing I would like to do is change the tuners to the closed Nickel schallers, my tuners don't really stain in tune.

nyk
  • Ian RossiterIan Rossiter Fort Vermilion ,Alberta ,CanadaNew
    Hello again,
    Well, the action on the 300 is now about 4mm!! The truss rod is tightened all the way, no shims under the bridge, no nuttin!! Still, the action is gettin outta hand (pardon the pun).
    I've been keeping the guitar humidified,religously since I got it last year. Now, I'm thinking I might stop for awile,and see how the neck reacts. It's bone-dry here, haven't had Rain in about 8 weeks. I'm wondering if the dryness could actually have a Positive effect on the action??
    Tone-wise, it continues to open up and mature, still really "wet",even with the Leather & Cork. I put the stock bridge back on, to try and help the action, and even though it's still pretty high, the Tone is night and day from where it was last year. I'm doing the occasional Tonerite treatment also, flame away, I like the effect it has on the guitar.
    I ordered a lower Dupont bridge from Michael and it'll be here in a few weeks, so I'm hoping that it helps.
    I must say, I've never had so much frustration with an instrument in 25years.
    Practice ,Practice,EAT PRACTICE- Tommy Tedesco
  • UltraspontaneUltraspontane ✭✭
    edited April 2015 Posts: 47
    Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead. I'm very interested in this topic myself, having just bought a new DG300.

I really like the sound of the guitar as it is now, but it certainly sounds like a "brand new" guitar to me. Here is mine, please excuse my very amateurish playing:

Solo:

Over backing track:

I've had it for a couple months, and it looks like the serial number suggests it was made in May of 2014. Still smells like freshly cut wood and glue. I'm happy with it as it is now, but if you say it'll sound better as it ages, I'll be looking forward to it. I don't have a tonerite, though.
  • altonalton Keene, NH✭✭ 2000 Dell'Arte Long Scale Anouman, Gadjo Modele Francais, Gitane DG-330 John Jorgensen Tuxedo
    Heretic wrote: »
    Do you mean to say that there are 3 of us who actually admit that we like our DG-300s?
    It's a movement!
    I own a DG-330 tuxedo. I absolutely love it! I've never played a 300, but I presume it's almost the same guitar, but the back and sides are different wood. Oh and it looks cheesy as hell, instead of classy, like the 300.
    Which I kinda like.
    The neck on mine is stout, not a U profile; there's a bit of a flat on the back. But it'll hurt your wrist if you don't have paws like mine.
    Anyone else out there love their 330? Hell, does anyone else even own one?