DjangoBooks.com

Why the heck would you want to sound like Django

124»

Comments

RE: Why the heck would you want to steal an artist's livelihood?

some interesting stuff unfolding here:
    http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/12/1 ... nt-piracy/
    if you scroll down, there's a link to the bill's text.
  • vincevince Davis & San Francisco, CANew
    SOPA may be going too far though — consider the EFF's take on it (https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/11/stop-online-piracy-act-blacklist-any-other-name-still-blacklist).
    I don't know whether I'll ever be an excellent player if I keep practicing, but I'm absolutely sure I won't be if I stop.
  • redbluesredblues ✭✭
    SOPA doesn't seem to be about the little guy at all, much more about the very big guys. I would expect to see more of this image when it passes.
  • kevorkazitokevorkazito Winnipeg Manitoba Canada✭✭
    dennis wrote:
    Hi folks
    i did try to ask people on facebook to help out; but the reaction i got disappointed me, friends, someone that i actually admire , hjave performed with, and for whom i have organized a few concerts ( i won't name names, but you;d be surprised ) turned on me with lame excuses such as "if those videos are online, there must be a reaason, i will not flag them without knowing the full story, the person posting these videos probably has permission from the owners to post these videos" .... DUUUUUUH!!!!! who the hell do you think is the owner of these videos?

hahaha so yes while i am able to live with the reality of piracy, i was a bit disappointed by the hostility from my friends on fb... It's the division and lack of solidarity among the professional community (often for petty reasons) that disappoints me moreso than the actual act of piracy..... but i really appreciate this thread and what you guys are doing, and I appreciate your support as well!!!

Denis, you have the attitude of a realist and guess you have to is you want to maintain your sanity.

Just wanted to bump this topic and let you know that I have purchased your 4 DvD set, the Art of Accompanyment and the CD backing tracks, as well as transacted with other resources on your DC website (I bought the presale of Becker, and I'm intrigued with Borislav's lessons).

Now, I'm about to buy the Stochello's two DVDs from hyper...

So... just want to let you know that these resources are so appreciated and my hard earned $$ is willing handed over to you in the hopes of covering your costs and to induce you to offer more tools for us.

My last teacher was charging me $60 for each lesson (x2 per month). These resources are a bargain and I hope that no matter how hard it is for someone to pay, they should realise that not doing so is parasitic and the karma of the skills they develop will tarnish their talent.

Thank you for helping us!

Carlos de Oliveira