DjangoBooks.com

FORUM UPGRADE!!!!!

MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
edited December 2009 in Welcome Posts: 6,152
Hi Everyone,

Sorry about the down time over the last few days. Google didn't like the older ver.2 of phpbb forum software and tagged us as an "attack site." The issues have been resolved and we now have been updated to the brand new phpbb ver 3.05! Seems like most things transferred over successfully...although I noticed the youtube embedding didn't carry over.

Anyway, welcome back and enjoy!

-Michael

Comments

• HCQHCQ Northeast NJ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your effort and attention in keeping this site up to date. It really is the best site going on this subject.
    HCQ
  • JazzDawgJazzDawg New
    Thanks for taking care of this so quickly. I was having a Djangobooks withdrawl!

I have a suggestion for the site, since we were getting '404' errors, you might want to have your web guys create a link to page, somewhere to direct folks to a 'backup' site that can be use to offer some info. I do this stuff for a living, and create a link to a blog site that can be used to offer info and gather comments during these temporary outages. If you have any questions about it, just PM me.

Thanks again for all of the time and effort you put into this site. It's a part of my daily routine to check the site for info folks have shared, and to keep up with what kind of GJ guitars and related goodies are being offerred for sale. I've picked up some great stuff over the last few months, and ordered from the site. I was forced to go to the uk site during the outage, but it's not as active as this one. So, great work all around for building such a strong community.
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    I always like newer stuff. Thanks for the upgrade! The "style" of the site is a little narrow but i'll take it. ;-)
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    Michael - thanks for all the hard work in keeping the forum going - really appreciate it, cheers! Phil
  • Michael

Thanks for all the effort in maintaining this forum. :D It is now part of my daily existence.

I like the new version
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • MundoMundo Las Vegas, NevadaNew
    Michael,
    Mahalo for the forum and all resources involved with DjangoBooks! Site looks fantastic!

-Mundo
  • BobFaillaBobFailla Jersey City, NJ✭✭
    Thanks Michael and well done! I'm on the site most every day and really enjoy it.
    Bob
  • dgimcmillandgimcmillan Abbotsford, B.C., CanadaNew
    I really like the clean new page, Michael! The background is nice, and the lines are good, too. :)

You've already had a little feed-back on the width, but I'll chime in here, too. I think your page is designed for older monitors with a maximum of 600X800. I have a feeling that most users nowadays are using screens with a resolution of 1024X768 minimum. Basically, I think you're leaving a lot of real estate on the readers screen.

It doesn't really matter to me, because I'd come to this site and check it very day even if it was 640X480 :lol:

Ian
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    This skin has this width as the default. I may change it but people who view on iphones and other portable devices like the narrower width.

'm
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Michael,

In the main index can you make it list the title (subject) of the latest post in each forum like it used to? That is handy when scanning for new entries.

Thanks