DjangoBooks.com

"Bistro Fada" from Midnight in Paris

adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
edited April 2014 in Welcome Posts: 542
Hi all,

Woody Allen has a great new movie out, called "Midnight in Paris," and Stephane Wrembel composed a gypsy waltz for it called "Bistro Fada." I've transcribed it and posted a video here:

The form is A A B B A C A, and it's in E minor.

Comments

• constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
    Adrian - great work man. I just saw that movie this weekend and couldn't get enough of that tune. BTW, can you tell me what you use for your video duplexing? very cool.
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    Thanks, constantine. I use Final Cut Express for the video multitracking. I've written up a bit about the process here: http://www.holovaty.com/music/youtube-faq/
  • HCQHCQ Northeast NJ✭✭✭
    Adrian,
    Very Nice.I know you used to play a Michael Dunn guitar. What are you using now?
    HCQ
    HCQ wrote:
    Very Nice.I know you used to play a Michael Dunn guitar. What are you using now?

Thanks -- I play an AJL guitar, model 503-XO. My Michael Dunn guitar is for sale, if you're interested!
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    That's a bitchin' piece to play and you make it look easy. Great work Adrian! And the AJL sounds way cool too!
    NICE
  • Il TrovatoreIl Trovatore San Jose, CANew
    I feel very dumb, but I can not for the life of me figure out those first chords from any video people are playing, is it an Em, G of some sort, F of some sort?
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Try Em/G6/F#m7b5/B7 for the opening.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
    [quote="Il Trovatore"]I feel very dumb, but I can not for the life of me figure out those first chords from any video people are playing, is it an Em, G of some sort, F of some sort?[/quote]

Here are the chords in tab form:

[code]
    -0--0---------
    -0--0--1--0---
    -0--0--2--2---
    -2--2--2--1---
    -2--2-----2---
    -0--3--2------
    [/code]
  • Il TrovatoreIl Trovatore San Jose, CANew
    Thank you, thats more helpful to know I was close to it and to have confidence in myself while doing these things. Thank you again Adrian, and as a side note, your tunes were some of the first I came across on the web just looking for videos of people playing GJ after reading about it about a few years ago, so thanks!