DjangoBooks.com

Bb Lead Sheets

kalestilezkalestilez Long Beach, CA✭✭
edited October 2012 in Woodwinds Posts: 35
Hi everyone. I'd like to start a thread dedicated to posting lead sheets that have been transcribed to the key of Bb. Most songs aren't too much trouble to learn by ear, but every once in a while I come across complex tunes that would be a heck of a lot nicer to play with a lead sheet. By the way, congrats on getting the Woodwinds section back! Lets keep it active! Viva la Clarinette!

Comments

• I think it is a great thing we have started. One of the members here has a number of Bb lead sheets that he has promised to post soon.

I am working on a few transpositions that I will post as soon as done.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    can we upload image files that will get displayed in the thread ?
    or do we need to host the images externally ?
    -A- :roll:
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    I have a sizable collection of Bb charts, which I will post after my return from France next week.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    image test post:

Here's something I made to show how much of Charlie Parker's Omnibook is based on other tunes.

For GJ saxophonists & clarinettists, note that there are many Parker solos based on 'Honeysuckle rose', 'I got rhythm', 12 bar blues, etc.
    So plenty of licks & riffs for borrowing ;-)

CPOdecoded.jpg

normally I'd recommend getting the B-flat version of the Omnibook, but the GJ keys are often different from those played by the be-bop guys. So transpose :wink:

Next up - some GJ lead sheets in Bb

-A-
    situsavais.jpg
    jesuisseul-1.jpg
  • Note that lots of guitar players to Si Tu SAvais in Bm which Andy's C# minor transcription is perfectamundo although original music that I have shows it in Cm and I will post that and my Dm transcription as soon as I can figure out how best to post it :oops:

I practice it in all 3 keys (I really need the practice) :D
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
    Swing Gitan for Bb instruments .
    p.s. ignore that tempo marking!

swinggitan.jpg

I just got my piano talking to Garageband :D - makes keying-in music a lot easier.

so - any requests for GJ heads in Bb ??
    Something I'm working on,here's the A section of "Made in France"

madeinfrance-1.jpg

more "soon" lol :mrgreen:

p.s. on sax you may want to use LH side D for the 4th line D's,
    p.p.s on clarinet keep your choice of C# key down , either LH or RH, for all of bar 16
    here's "si tu savais" in D minor (for guitars in C min)
    situsavaisDm.jpg

scribble in your own middle eight,
    it's || Bb7 | Bb7 | Dm | Dm | Bb7 | Bb7 | A7 | A7 || , then back to bar 9 :roll: