DjangoBooks.com

DiJ attendees, band up for a cab from the airport?

edited June 2013 in Welcome Posts: 4,730
Hey all Django in June attendees. I just booked my flight and started looking into transportation from the airport.

I thought it would be much nicer and cheaper too, to try to go from the airport to our destination together and share a cab instead of a shuttle.
I did some estimates and it looks like it would no more than a $100 with a tip for a cab.
Shuttle is about $50 a person for a comparison.
With 4 people in a cab that's 50% less for a cab ride. Probably faster and more comfortable too.
Can we group some people together?

I'm arriving on Mon at noon from Chicago and departing at 6pm on Sun. I wouldn't mind waiting at the airport for an hour or two for a group to come together and catch a cab.

If you're interested post your arrival/departure time.

See you there
Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel

Comments

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    I promised my buddy Anthony from California that I'd pick him up at the airport.

I don't know exactly what time he'll be arriving, but I'd be glad to take any other DiJ participants that may be at the airport looking for rides at that time...

Considering that everyone will have instruments and luggage, I'll probably have room in my car for Anthony and two others... possibly three others, if all three are extremely skinny violin or mandolin players...

Will
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
    Mon? Around when?
    If I join you beers are on me at Northampton brewery.
    I just checked my old e-mails, and Anthony mentioned a couple of months ago that he'd be arriving around midnight on Monday. I just sent him another e-mail to verify that was still correct.

Stay tuned, Buco, and let's hope it all works out so I can give you a ride, too. It's almost an hour drive from Northampton to the airport, so it's not a trip I'd really like to do twice in one day...

Will
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
    OK, Anthony has just confirmed he's arriving at midnight Monday night, so that's the time that I'll be at the airport... hope this will match somebody's schedule... :wink:

Will

With this many attendees this year there's a very good chance to make this work.
    Thanks for offering, it's appreciated.
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Does anybody drive to/from NYC? I'm keen to hitch a ride back.
  • TrevorTrevor Sheffield UK
    I've just booked onto Django in June this year and I'm really looking forward to it!

Last year I did mostly mandolin classes - this year I hope to do a mix of mandolin and guitar. Last year I found it all a bit overwhelming in places, but I definitely came home knowing more than I did before I left!

I shall be arriving at Bradley airport at around 5 PM local time on the Monday (in an attempt to beat the jet lag. If anyone else is arriving around that time, then I'd be delighted to share a cab, Valley Transporter, Rickshaw, Flying Carpet or any other mutually agreeable form of transport.

See you soon, fellers!

Trev
    Hey, Trevor, good to hear you're coming. If for any reason your flight is delayed and you're still at the airport Monday at midnight, you're welcome to join Anthony and me!

Will

• swingnationswingnation ✭✭
    wim wrote:
    Does anybody drive to/from NYC? I'm keen to hitch a ride back.

I have some guys tentative in my car, but if they back out, I can swing you down. You should also post on FB - NYC Gypsy Jazz Community.

J
  • I just posted on the NYC FB page. Looks like I may rent a car from Jersey City. Would be willing to drive to and from (to JC) for a little throw-in. Alternatively, I'd equally be happy sharing anyone's costs if they are driving. If I rent, I'll be leaving noon-ish on Tuesday.