DjangoBooks.com

Transcription of Tchavolo's J'attendrai?

edited May 2013 in Repertoire Posts: 74
Hey everyone, I searched through the 17 pages of search results under "transcription" and didn't see this anywhere so I figured i'd post it. I apologize if the question has already been asked.

I was wondering if anyone had their hands on a transcription of Tchavolo's J'attendrai? Here's the song in full on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iNnWVsznik

Comments

• djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    yes, it is floating around somewhere. I've seen it. i dont remember where I saw it though... maybe on one of the french forums...
    please get that..that's real good. just listening to it the other day. What great tone.
    as a wise man once said "shut up and play yer guitar"!

Frank Zappa
    Unfortunately i've got a mac and (to my knowledge) I cant get powertab running on it. Are there any Pdf versions you know of?
    nice :D ..this seems elementary enough..way to go! Djangobooks is very underrated.
    as a wise man once said "shut up and play yer guitar"!

Frank Zappa
  • andmerandmer New York✭✭✭
    try tuxguitar program, i believe it should run on mac
    Works perfectly, thank you very much andmer.
  • agleourasagleouras New
    how can i use the ptb files????? how do you guys cope with this????
  • AmundLauritzenAmundLauritzen ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you so much! That is my favorite Tchavolo solo. He's really got it happening on that one.

For the guy who asked about ptb files, you can use PowerTab. If you have Guitar Pro you can import them.

EDIT: I just took a look at it. It's riddled with errors, don't bother. The fingering for the open string classic D minor lick is wrong, the notes aren't right either. There are duplications of notes where there should not be and there is an instance where the tabber has put D major arpeggio over D minor.

Your best bet is to watch the video and learn.
  • Given the above....just a warning for those who rely on transcriptions from others.

Unless you know who the person transposing is, and their ability or care level.....learning from others stuff can take you down some very rocky roads indeed. There aren't many people in this genre who are really good at transcriptions. While I can't personally vouch for all those known here or to this site, I would think they could all be relied upon.

Even in some of the published, print stuff there is are the odd error that someone didn't pick up. These usually are easy to spot and reconfigure while playing (i know, I make them all the time transposing)

I have found a number of lead sheets and transcriptions to have significantly different takes on melody chords even harmonic structure. That could lead a noob down a road that could take a while to get back from.

Perhaps we should create a list of good transcribers?
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed