DjangoBooks.com

Guitar Wars

MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
The recent Favino discussion provided the impetus for this....

Comments

• langleydjangolangleydjango Langley, WA USA✭✭✭✭
    My vote = yes
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
  • aa New York City✭✭✭✭
    what's the name of that new guy who builds them with sharp, gothic-ish edges? Someone was raving about his guitars a while back.
    Www.alexsimonmusic.com
    Learn how to play Gypsy guitar:
    http://alexsimonmusic.com/learn-gypsy-jazz-guitar/
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    a wrote:
    what's the name of that new guy who builds them with sharp, gothic-ish edges? Someone was raving about his guitars a while back.

Busato Castelluccia Rich.
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    I'm not a big Di Mauro fan, but maybe he would deserve a place in the list...

Also, I would remember some contemporary French luthiers who are doing very, very well now, such as: Marin, Mazaud, Lebreton, Pourtoy, Maruejouls (and I've heard big things about Moustache guitars from dutch luthier Thijs vd Harst). That said the clear winner is WOODLAND! :)
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Good god...look at that list!...I think there are actually more people building Gypsy guitars then playing them!!
  • djadamdjadam Boulder, CONew
    Good god...look at that list!...I think there are actually more people building Gypsy guitars then playing them!!

Ha!

I'm not familiar with some of the names on the list, but I'd be interested to know the list breaks down by continent/country.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    djadam wrote:

Ha!

I'm not familiar with some of the names on the list, but I'd be interested to know the list breaks down by continent/country.

Is anyone up for this task?
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    I'm not 100% sure the high end line of Gallato (i.e. the 452 and the real Debarre model) is also made in Asia. Some months ago in Montpellier I was told they are made in France... the shop-owner didn't seem so sure, I must add!
  • djadamdjadam Boulder, CONew
    Holy crap - 12 makers based in France! Are there really that many more players of this music over there?

Thanks for making the list Ted.