DjangoBooks.com

Peche a la mouche pickup with detachable cable

wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
The peche on djangobooks shop is pictured with a detachable cable:

peche-a-la-mouche-pickup.jpg

Is it a newer model now?

My one doesn't have a detachable cable, and the many other ones I saw in paris never had this either. Though it would be useful, the cable is a bit annoying and I often wish it did remove like that.

Michael are the ones in stock like that, or has anyone else here ever seen a peche a la mouche with detachable cable in real life?

Comments

• roch@rochlockyer.com[email protected] new mexico (current)✭✭
    Hey Wim..what's up? Yea, the Peche I have has the detachable cable...
  • The version I bought from djangobooks has the detachable cable, as well
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    That's great news. I guess they responded to customer feedback on the crappy cable :)
    Hope the sound on the new model is just as good as the original!
  • Depends on the amp, but my Peche works for me.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Hi Wimm....yes, as everyone already pointed out, we've had the ones with the detachable cable for a while.
  • Al WatskyAl Watsky New JerseyVirtuoso
    I have one of the older ones without the detachable cord. I replaced the stock cable with a better type to cut down on handling noise. The new arrangement looks to be an RCA type connection, which is fine but the connector on the cable side is a bit cumbersome rather large and long. No matter.
    What I would like to point out is that people that have the older model will find that a competent technician can replace the old cable with the detachable type. The housing is brass and is easily worked and the internal components are very simple to remove and finally the parts needed are stock that are easily available . So if you really want that detachable cable any pickup tech can make that happen.
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica

4 years later! My peche was crackling and cutting out a lot recently so I took it into the shop to get the wiring fixed. I've also asked the technician to convert this into detachable cord with RCA jack, which he was able to do.

So here's what the old pickup looks like with the modification, it worked well.

The price was $3 for parts and $90 for labor, for a total of 93 USD. If your peche doesn't have any wiring problem and you only needed a jack installed probably the labor should be cheaper. The shop was Avenue N Guitars in Chicago.

ScoredogMichaelHorowitz
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 4,730

That's cool. The only issue you're bound to using the custom cable. Better have a spare handy. Murphy says it's going to start to crackle during that show at Green Mill you're about to land.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Who makes reliable replacements? Don't say Mogami.

• edited June 2019 Posts: 4,730
    Jim Kaznoskywim
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel