DjangoBooks.com

Tcha Limberger instructional videos

Comments

• This will be definitely worth it.
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    thank you so much for the support, every contribution really really really makes my life easier .

I run my business differently than most businesses in that I'm in it for the quality of products first before profit. It's a bit stressful but it's something I really believe in. I understand that Tcha (like Wawau for whom I've produced a DVD) isn't a household name, but if people really want to learn about this music, then Tcha really is one of the best people out there to teach certain things. He doens't think like the typical GJ musician; his approach to music and improvisation is very similar to Django's (from what we know of Django anyway).

anyway thnx so much!!!
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    I know I may seem to be going on a bit about the Tcha instructional video, but let me tell you why I'm so excited about it, and why I'd like to see more people support Denis' project.

At the last Djangofest Northwest, Robin Nolan and Tcha put on one of the most memorable performances I've seen at Djangofest. It was just the two of them, taking songs, re-engineering them on the spot, batting creative ideas back and forth and changing the texture of each song into constant sources of inspiration. I felt transcended by the sound they made.

After the show, my friend Jerry Ruby and I had the good fortune of chatting with Robin and Tcha. We talked about music, creativity and about playing together as co-creators in a totally spontaneous musical arena. Robin has always amazed me and now I had a chance to meet Tcha.

I found Tcha to be one of the most interesting musicians I've had the pleasure to chat with. He is original in his thinking, articulate in his expressions, and inspiring in his sense of artistic exploration and creativity.

Tcha is the REAL thing -- a musical phenomena who has spent his lifetime studying the sounds of his heritage and sharing it with all who wish to hear it. I don't know exactly what the Tcha video lessons will contain--but this much I know: Between Denis' outstanding track record for video production, and Tcha's amazing musical mind, this will will be much more than your usual Gypsy Jazz instructional video. This will be a new way of looking at the music, and it will be exciting to know we were on the ground floor when this project got started. I encourage you to join us, and drop a few bucks toward Denis' direction to show your support for this very cool project. AE
  • rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    Tcha is a great guy so this will be a very enjoyable experience for all involved. Rhythm guitarist is playing the Moreno manouche, fair play!
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    That's well said, Eddy. A thoughtful post, thank you for laying it out so eloquently.

Anything Denis does is top shelf. Given the intended subject matter, and the fact this is with Tcha Limberger, this is going to be rare experience, can't wait.

Agree with Eddy - Denis consistently gives a ton to this community...I'd encourage any and all to give a little back, and climb on board.
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    Thanks guys! I appreciate it! In the meantime, if you have any requests / suggestions as to what you'd like to ask Tcha, feel free to tell me!
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    Just signed up. Looking forward to your work Denis.
  • nicksansonenicksansone Amsterdam, The Netherlands✭✭✭✭
    Hi Denis,
    We signed up a few weeks ago; as my wife is a violinist, she's really excited about the upcoming videos. It'd be amazing to get some insight into his unique approach to playing in the swing/gypsy jazz style, as outside of Rosas with Lollo and some guitar tracks on De Piottos, there isn't much of him in this genre. I'm sure he could fill volumes with his understanding of traditional eastern European gypsy music and folk, but his mastery of techniques related to that training bring something completely different to Django's music. As my solely personal opinion, at least in these circles, I think that applicable etudes and stylistic techniques applied to swing would be immensely popular; kind of the same thing as the 2volume Tim Kliphuis videos you put out, but in the style of Tcha. He's just such an amazing musical force; it's really commendable that you've put all of this together to give us all a chance to study with such a master. Three cheers for Denis!
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait for this. If I was to throw out a wish, that would be an intensive dive into Balkan and East European rhythm(s), and associated lead playing.

Thank you for doing this, Denis. This is an incredible opportunity.
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    dennis wrote:
    Thanks guys! I appreciate it! In the meantime, if you have any requests / suggestions as to what you'd like to ask Tcha, feel free to tell me!

No questions from me - but tell him thanks for coming to DFNW last year and contributing his music, his humor and his general awesomeness into the mix. He added something truly wonderful to the festival.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.