DjangoBooks.com

Tcha Limberger instructional videos

Comments

• dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    Again, thanks folks

Nick and Paul, yes we will definitely cover as much as possible, but I'm afraid it will have to be in a more general fashion; because he really really knows so much, we ve been exchanging emails back and forth for so long now and we've come to the conclusion that it's best to save the detailed stuff for another project; which is why I'm trying to reach the goal of 2500$. It helps indicate if people really are interested in this stuff or not. The initial goal is to make two general "in the style" videos for guitar and violin to test the waters.

The problem with covering eastern european stuff is that there's so much to talk about; basically, if you cover one topic, then you have to cover another topic which leads to another topic, and it's just almost endless. It was the same problem I had when I was working with hyperhipmedia to make my dvds, each of my dvds ended up being close to 3 hours in length, because i had to tackle all the little details... Both Tcha and I are very anal about details hahaha. We were talking about, for example, the hungarian folk styles, and he just went on a big rant about how to approach the topic and it ended up being so overwhelming that we decided to put it on hold

That's not to say we won't talk about any of these things, we definitely will, we'll try to show enough for people to be able to incorporate things into their playing and scratch the surface of these new styles without going into all the finer details..

Tcha specializes in a number of different eastern european styles (as well as the manouche stuff), so it's definitely going to be interesting!

Watch this video, if i'm not mistaken this is a bulgarian gypsy song (in 7/8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPKlCOEXM-k

then there' this which is in the transylvanian folk style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCVxOmFPdpc

and then there's the hungarian csardas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqS4Vv7b_jU

and of cousre, being of Manouche origin and the grandson of a well known Sinti musician, Piotto Limberger, he grew up playing the Django Style. Before Django brought jazz to the manouche, his people were playing the Hungarian folks styles (in their own way) as they had migrated from Hungary to Germany. So we can talk about how the Manouche approach the Eastern European stuff like Titi Winterstein, Schnuckenak Reinhardt etc.... on the violin, this would be really interesting, and on the guitar this will be really cool cuz we'll explore all the walking bass techniques and the voicings that are used in the style...

So anyway... Thank you for supporting so far!!!
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Denis. Whatever you do is going to be top-shelf. Thanks for the opportunity!

Paul
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    So close. Only need a few more people to join and these one-of-a-kind, first-ever Tcha lessons are a done deal.

I know some of you fellas have heard about Denis' great products, want them, but haven't bought them yet. What better time than now? For $50 -- just $12.50 a lesson -- you get a choice of two products: Gonzalo, Yorgui, Hono, TIm Kliphaus, a 60 song play-along CD, etc., plus the two Tcha lessons! That's easily a year's worth of solid material -- each chocked full of videos, charts, pdfs, play-along tracks.

Personally, I've already bought all of the above mentioned bonus products for full price and I don't regret a dime of it. At these prices it'd really put a grin on my face. :D

Okay. Thanks for bearing with me on this and I promise -- this is my last attempt to draw in the fence sitters. It's just that this is such a rare and amazing product, I'd like Denis and Tcha to know that we, as a community, are excited about it and ready show our support.

Thanks all! AE
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, Eddy. At the risk of breaking the e-mail spamming line with my jam group, I'm giving a nudge. This is an incredible opportunity.
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
    Thanks so much , we are now well above 90% there, we just need 4-7 backers depending on the perks...

As an added bonus, I'd like to add yet another perk for everyone who has contributed (whether you gave 30 or 50); I'll email you guys about it privately once the campaign is over (i will also prepare everyone's coupon by then). It really means a lot that you guys, who contributed, have faith in me!
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    :lol:

Glad to be a small part in such a big thing.

Thanks so much for all you do and ad to this Community.

The Hono instruction I got are great I Love having such a close up view of his playing. Glad I caught this while the campaign is still active. Looking forward to your new work with TCHA.

"GET ONBOARD WHILE YOU STILL CAN"

Your material is a bargain at regular price and a steal as an indy backer.

Thanks again
    pickitjohn
  • kevingcoxkevingcox Nova Scotia✭✭✭✭ Dupont MD50
    Now wishing I had gone for the $50 instead of the $30 to help push this thing over the edge.
  • DuozonaDuozona Phoenix, AZNew
    Just pitched in, glad I did!
  • hanear21hanear21
    Thanks for this Denis, glad to chip in. The perks alone are wonderful, let alone all the new content.