DjangoBooks.com

Tcha Limberger instructional videos

Comments

• pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260

Congratulations on hitting your goal.

I'll bet some more folks with some brains will want to get onboard, while they can:

To make this EVEN BETTER.

Only 33 hours left.

Thanks for letting us be apart of this.

pickitjohn
    Well you guys nudged me in.
    Cool, looking forward to this.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • AmundLauritzenAmundLauritzen ✭✭✭✭
    I contributed as well. Really looking forward to these lessons!
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    Wow! Thanks so much guys! I love you all hahaha

Seriously though, I have an extra bonus perk for everyone who contributed. I'll email you guys about it when this whole thing is over, and everyone will have their coupon code as well.

If within 24 hours of the end of the campaign. you have not received your code, check your spam box or email me from the site www.dc-musicschool.com

Again thanks so much! There's still another day left, so you can still claim the bonus perks! It really makes a huge difference for me, it's gonna be way less stressful and I can just focus on doing a great job!
  • lacrossehotclublacrossehotclub La Crosse WI✭✭✭ Dupont Nomade
    I anted up a few days ago, great to see the goal's been met. My thanks Denis for everything you do!!
    Thanks for the support guys, thanks to you, this campaign is a major success.. there's still 2 hours left to contribute but anyway, I will send everyone instructions on how to get their coupon codes within 24 hours; if for some reason you don't receive the email, check your spam folder, or email me through my website www.dc-musicschool.com

And as I promised there will be an extra surprise for everyone which I will reveal tomorrow (by email) :-)
    the project is 100% complete, we spent 10-12 hours a day in the studio for 3 days straight and came up with what i believe to be my very best production yet... This is the first time I 've had to produce something in which I had to tell the artist not to talk too much!!! In the past, the artists were reluctant to share or didn't know how to share... Not the case with Tcha, this man is pure generosity, and knows exactly what he's doing and how to explain it, he could go on for hours on any subject!!!

Thanks so much for the support in the fundraiser and for believing in me, i'm really appreciative of that!!! So for those who backed me, i will try to give you guys some sneak peak material asap!!!

A huge focus of the lessons will be on accompaniment, we'll talk about various swing rhythms and musicality when playing rhythm, we talk about south american rhythms (argentinian, mexican, brazilian), serbian folk rhythsm, roumanian, hungarian, etc...

As far as soloing goes, it will be highly conceptual and philosophical, we have a number of exercises that we devised to help you understand his approach to improvisation.

Last but not least , as in all my IN THE STYLE SERIES, tcha plays on a number of standards which will be fully transcribed.

and it doesn't end there, we have him playing waltzes and traditional gypsy songs that people rarely hear...

And guess what, it comes with backign tracks too!!!!

here's one of the songs that will be taught:

• malakkamalakka ✭✭
    Really looking forward to these videos. Glad I got on board when the opportunity arose.

Saw Tcha Limberger last night at the Dajnagofest in Mill Valley, WOW! I loved his performance, such a beautiful musician and he really seems such a wonderful person. I have seen many performances over the years by "world class" musicians and have performed myself many times with wonderful musicians, but I have to say Tcha is in a league of his own. He really lives and breathes music, so much more than a great player.

He did not perform straight Gypsy Jazz totally, but the music he did play was so beautiful. He sang while playing the violin and also wile playing the guitar. He not only comped while singing, but also played beautiful melody lines and solos as well, often at the same time. I will see again in a heartbeat -I am huge fan now.

Thank you Denis for doing these videos and for posting this video of you two playing. He played the same song last night too.
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    This is going to be incredible. Top-notch as always. Thank you, Denis, for pulling this together. Talking last night with a jam/band mate who is also taking the course, both of us very keyed. Another home run!

Paul
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • AmundLauritzenAmundLauritzen ✭✭✭✭
    Denis that is fantastic!

There are lots of instruction materials out there on the "mainstream"(for lack of a better word) Django repertoire out there. But getting insight into Tchas extensive repertoire of obscure gypsy tunes is really invaluable IMO. I don't think there is any material out there yet that explores the extensive world of gypsy music outside the Django spectrum. The video clip with the cimbalom-style accompaniment really intrigued me and I can not possibly imagine what else Tcha has in store for us!

This will be great. I really look forward to it :D