DjangoBooks.com

Rino van Hooijdonk

Comments

• dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    i've been in talks with rino for many years now about producing his first official album... my concept of an album is a bit different in that it would include lessons and playalongs ... could this possibly interest certain people?

the main issue is funding.. this would not be part of a DC Music School project in that the priority is the music first, and the lesson stuff is secondary

if this could interest people, i 'll set something up...

I've known Rino for over 10 yrs now and it's a shame that he has nothing under his name
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Yes, Denis, absolutely! Count me in, no matter what happens in any other direction.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • swingnationswingnation ✭✭
    I'm in for both Dennis' and Will's ideas. Happy to learn anything Rino will share with us.

J
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Dennis, I'm delighted to hear of your interesting plans for recording Rino. And since I didn't cough up any money for your Tcha project, I feel obligated to step up to the plate and contribute to the Rino project... you can hold me to that!

Anyway, I think we'll go ahead and try to arrange something with Rino in the meantime, and we'll keep you posted about how it's going.

Will
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
    Matt, so sorry but I accidentally destroyed your last comment while trying to respond to it... Please repost.

My humblest apologies,

Will
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Will, how do you destroy comments on the forum? I have a list... :)
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
    Lol.. Nice one, Michael.

Will, I was just posting proof that Rino doesn't need help shooting and posting clips:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=611199315579477
    Well, it turns out that moderators of forums (in this case moi and Bones) have this secret power to edit or even delete other people's postings...I guess the intention was that abusive or defamatory postings could be easily deleted... BTW, that's never been a problem at this forum or to my knowledge anywhere on the entire site, we do have our occasional disagreements but manage to keep it light and polite 99.9% of the time.

Matt, what I was trying to ask, since I don't do FaceBook, is if Rino agreed to posting his clips on YouTube, would he have to do that himself, or could our Geek-God-in-Residence (aka "Matt") do it for him?

• pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    Seems Rino van Hooidonk has a you-tube account and there is a lot to O K camera shots probably already set up for video's.

8) Check out:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RinovanH

Lots of stuff with Lulu Reinhardt

:D ENJOY

pickitjohn
    Nice! Funny how searching for his name didn't turn that up for me.

My job just keeps getting easier. =)