DjangoBooks.com

Rino van Hooijdonk

Comments

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Well, I haven't heard anything from Rino for a few days now, so I'm guessing he's lost interest in the online lessons idea.

Too bad for us fans, but Rino is a bit shy and it seems likely to me that basically he's more interested in building guitars than giving lessons.

I'll certainly let everybody know immediately if anything changes, but in the meantime it looks like we're going to have to settle for Rino's occasional Facebook and/or YouTube postings while waiting and hoping he'll take up Dennis Chang on his recording offer...

:(:(:(:(

Will
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • HemertHemert Prodigy
    Just seeing this now. If you're interested I could maybe schedule a short session with Rino during our recording sessions for the Rosenberg Academy in August. I mean, he's right here and we already have everything set up to do it.

We could record one or two songs which would demonstrate the things you want to learn and give it the RA treatment (everything transcribed in notes and TAB with theory written in the transcription).

The advantage is that Rino doesn't have to do anything but play and a payment system and audio/camera are already in place. Disadvantages are that it will be a little more expensive (more people involved so probably 25 euro per download for the videos, transcriptions and mp3s of both songs) and that I certainly do not want to take any opportunity away from Dennis to do it.
    I was just about to spring for the Rosenberg Academy.

Would new Rino content be included for RA members or would they have to pay separately?
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    without wanting to reveal anything, rino is unavailable for the moment being, but i am in very close contact with him regarding future projects
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Dennis.
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
    without wanting to reveal anything, rino is unavailable for the moment being, but i am in very close contact with him regarding future projects

Dennis, that is excellent news!!! :D:D:D:D

And if I may be permitted to shamelessly pester you guys... if you could get Rino to sit down and demonstrate those marvellous descending chords he sometimes plays on the lower strings, that would be the icing on the cake...
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."

And if I may be permitted to shamelessly pester you guys... if you could get Rino to sit down and demonstrate those marvellous descending chords he sometimes plays on the lower strings, that would be the icing on the cake...

wait, maybe you misunderstood, I meant to say that he is unavailable for anything at the moment because he has to deal with certain things in his private life!
  • HemertHemert Prodigy
    Ok Dennis, thx for the heads up. I (and RA) won't get in the way!
    wait, maybe you misunderstood, I meant to say that he is unavailable for anything at the moment because he has to deal with certain things in his private life!

Oopsie, sorry.

I know everyone who met Rino at DiJ would join me in extending our love and support. Hope things work out well ASAP.

Will

well i dont have concrete plans ot make instructional projects with him, but i would really like him to have a CD under his name ,and just do a few small mini lessons , maybe we can collaborate christiaan but anyway, like i said, he's got to deal with certain t hings at the moment! I think it's important that people show that they appreciate him... I've known him for almost 10 yrs and have always found it a big crying shame that he was not known... He is one of the first Gadje to learn this style of music inside / out... not only the music but the entire culture.. He was in Stochelo and Nous'che's first band , after all!