DjangoBooks.com

new music from Duved Dunayevsky

Comments

• Start the email campaign guys. Love the music.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
    I wrote to Andrew. Whoever would like to see Duved teaching a class should do the same.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • TydidesTydides
    Mr. Dunayevsky
    As you can see, the community couldn't be more intrigued with your work.

We'd really appreciate more videos. I can see your videos are highly professionally produced and include a bigger band. This is great. But that takes time and resources. I for one would say I would appreciate any other videos of just jamming or practicing or gigs that you can do or have done—that's easier and cheaper (really, this comment goes for all serious practitioners of GJ). There aren't many total, and they're all on your channel.

The compositions are great (more proof of really channeling Django). But if I'm honest, I'll say standards would be much appreciated also. But in any case, albums, videos, classes, concerts, you get the idea. :)

Also, could you clarify and confirm the zoom mic recording technique with EQ? I would really appreciate that.

And thank you for your work.
    t-bird
  • @Buco .... I too have sent the message. I am very hopeful to make it out there this year.
    Buco
  • Thanks @Tydides
    Like Wim said I did use to record with a one zoom and play with the EQ after or just record with a Walkman, but these latest recordings are made in a home studio and the video is just for show :#
    actually that's the way they use to do it in the old days
  • I did not think I will upload this but I see there is demand
    pickitjohnBuco
  • Jeff MooreJeff Moore Minneapolis✭✭✭✭ Lebreton 2
    edited December 2016 Posts: 476
    "Channeling" is on! Just watching the other musicians: They're relaxed and totally in it. An uncanny interplay with uncanny arrangements.
    So enjoyable, it's hard to want to write about or analyse. Hard to even believe I'm hearing it.
    I always believed that if you analyse certain things, it has the unintended consequence of making them disappear.
    "We need a radical redistribution of wealth and power" MLK
  • TydidesTydides
    Thank you, Duved
    Would you mind providing more details? By zoom mic do you mean a portable audio recorder, or perhaps you mean a shotgun mic?

And as for your newer studio rig, what mic and processing do you use there?

I must say I'm even confused by "record with a Walkman." I didn't know there were walkmans that could record.

"That's the way they used to do it…", you mean how they used to record jazz films?

Thanks!
  • andoatagnandoatagn Northampton, MAProdigy
    Hi Folks: Thanks to those of you who steered me toward this thread and Duved's work. I wholeheartedly concur that he's got a groovy thing going and that he'd be a great fit at Django in June. He and I are in touch and we both want to make it happen. Barring the unforeseen, count on having the opportunity to study and hang with Duved in 2017.

Happy New Year, ya'll,
    ~Andrew
    Django in June
    Bucoadrian
  • Happy New Year Andrew ....that's really exciting news @andoatagn
    andoatagn