DjangoBooks.com

Suggest and vote for Djangobooks colab songs here

124»

Comments

Ok so the first section is the stanza I assume (still didn't familiarize myself with that version). Yeah, that's it, standard changes.

I mentioned elsewhere, here's what I'd like to do: open with Django intro etude, hopefully Andy and Pierre will join on clarinet over Stephane's part. When Stephane joins in, they pretty much play in time, with a little bit of space towards the end, so it shouldn't be a problem to record remotely. I didn't really analize, but it feels like they play the same tempo as with the band later, more or less, only half time feel.

Then play the 1625 intro, then the melody. Then vocals with the stanza. Alternatively we can skip instrumental melody and go to vocals. Then solos. Then melody out.

I'm woodshedding the Django intro, getting there but still needs work. Not trying to insert myself here, but I am super happy that it motivated me to learn it. My ego won't be hurt if we skip this section. Here's where it's at

WilliewimrudolfochristAndyW
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

The chords Willie put for the main 26-bar form are the same that I have used, with the addition that the 4 bars of Dm often get that descending line cliche D-, D-maj7, D-7, D-6.

WillieBucorudolfochrist
  • MikeKMikeK Asheville, NCNew Altamira M-10, Epiphone Zephyr Regent

I, like Billy, always do the minor line cliche on bars 9 thru 12.

rudolfochristbillyshakes
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 4,750

So, the conclusion is...drum roll: J'attendrai and Duj Duj.

billyshakesWillierudolfochristBillDaCostaWilliamsAndyWMikeK
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel