DjangoBooks.com

Gitane D500 NYLON

124»

Comments

• clacosclacos New
    About the gitane nylon :

There is musikmesse in Francfort right now, and Saga has a boot in there, so ... any news ? http://musik.messefrankfurt.com/frankfu ... ments.html

It won't be early 2009 for long :D

I'm specially wondering what the nut width is... On gadjojazz photos it looks like classical guitar width ? (i could be wrong)
    clacos wrote:
    I'm specially wondering what the nut width is... On gadjojazz photos it looks like classical guitar width ? (i could be wrong)

The D500's nut is pretty close to classical guitar width, so I'd guess it'll be in the neighborhood.
  • clacosclacos New
    The D500's nut is pretty close to classical guitar width, so I'd guess it'll be in the neighborhood.

arf... too bad for me. I'm tall and have rather big hands but am having troubles properly fretting two strings with one finger with these kind of widths (a G69 for example).
    First gypsy guitar i bought was a D hole aria that i quickly exchanged for an oval hole, since on the D hole the neck width was exactly the same as on my classical guitar.

I don't really understand what's the point of these wide necks for Gypsy Jazz... Is there any ?
    clacos wrote:
    I don't really understand what's the point of these wide necks for Gypsy Jazz... Is there any ?

I don't know. It doesn't bother me.

Nylon strings on a narrow nut can be a problem for some.
    Gitane/Saga has dragged this out so long that I have actually started losing interest. I would have purchased one a few months ago, but I'm not really sure that I even care anymore.

Oh, who am I kidding? If it is as good as other recent Gitane offerings, I'll have to seriously consider it.
  • lewshellewshel Boston, MANew
    I never heard from Gitane. I bought the Jesus Jurado 12 fret nylon string guitar from ****.
    I'm very pleased with it's easy action and good volume.
    LAS