DjangoBooks.com

Current GJ Woodwind players

Comments

• AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    maybe not most obviously a "Gypsy jazz" clarinet girl, but Anat Cohen is a fearsome player,
    & Howard Alden shows of his 7-string Gj guitar chops ;-)

• AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    one of my favourite clarinet players, Ken Peplowski, on Django's "Anouman"

i Need to find this album, somehow- it's not on iTunes :-/
    Un *autre* homme Francais a la clarinette-

Inge Andersson , here with his band "Doyna" [ http://www.doyna.fr ]

Not sure about those hats, though :roll:
    Dale Mills on clarinet with "Hot Club Pacific".

always with the hats, again, huh?
    Think I'll start a GJ hats, caps & headwear thread.....
  • lezardlezard IrelandNew
    Already mentioned on page 1 but I just got a chance to see Django a al Creole live and my word that Evan Christopher is a fine player, I've never seen such a broad range of dynamics so well used on any instrument and everything that was played was just so tasteful, now he's obviously got chops to spare but from a musical standpoint I was just blowen away.
    it's inspired me to take up proper lessons as apposed to squaking my way through the first few notes of Nuage and Careless Whisper over and over
  • West coast cool meets gypsy bossa.

Only problem is he's lettin the side down....its the horn players who have the rep for sartorial spendour and Dale is the only one without headgear.

What about you Andy ....did you visit your hberdasher recently :mrgreen:

PS havent forgotten Nuages ...everything is topsy turvey from renos and school.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
    these hats are COMPULSORY at the Hot club of Glasgow..
  • Yikes
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
    Gerry Niewood on alto saxophone, from 0.28 '.30 "

very nice, very Sonny Stitt :-)
    ciao to Raymond Halbeisen on clarinet with
    my man of the moment, Marcel Loeffler,
    from the album "Around Gus"

http://www.djangostation.com/Around-Gus,1311.html

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/aroun ... d387587881

definitely my next album if I can find Santa's iTunes voucher.. :|