DjangoBooks.com

DFNW 2020 Going Virtual - Tickets Only $10 Per Show!

pmgpmg Atherton, CANew Dupont MD50R, Shelley Park Custom, Super 400, 68 Les Paul Deluxe, Stevie Ray Strat

Schedule and line-up here: https://www.djangofest.com/schedule-2020.

Please buy tickets and support this great event.

I'm always interested in jamming with experienced jazz and gypsy jazz players in the San Francisco - San Jose area. Drop me a line. Bass players welcome!
mac63000

Comments

• pmgpmg Atherton, CANew Dupont MD50R, Shelley Park Custom, Super 400, 68 Les Paul Deluxe, Stevie Ray Strat
    edited September 2020 Posts: 140

Just received news that recordings of this weekend's performances at DFNW will remain accessible to ticket holders through midnight of October 4th. This is great news since it allows folks from all over the world to watch the performances at times that are convenient for them - and also allow us to re-watch performances.

Link to see the line-up and purchase tickets is my prior post.

Hope everyone who loves this music will buy tickets and support the event organizers and participating musicians - many of whom are likely hurting financially due lack of gigs and playing opportunities during COVID.

BucoBilly_at_WICABillDaCostaWilliamsrichter4208
    I'm always interested in jamming with experienced jazz and gypsy jazz players in the San Francisco - San Jose area. Drop me a line. Bass players welcome!
  • pmgpmg Atherton, CANew Dupont MD50R, Shelley Park Custom, Super 400, 68 Les Paul Deluxe, Stevie Ray Strat

Hey guys - first show is tomorrow.

Who is supporting our music/musicians?

Please shout out.

• ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

Moi.

I'm planning but didn't get around it yet. At least we don't have to worry about it being sold out. I wonder what the sound quality will be like... But good deal and worthy cause.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • geese_comgeese_com Madison, WINew 503

Just bought mine for Saturday night. Excited to see Fapy play!

mac63000
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

Good they have now clarified that the videos will be available for viewing later as the evening sets would require staying up rather late for folks in Europe and Asia.

• slowlearnerslowlearner ✭✭

Probably a good thing DFNW is online this year. Like everything else 2020 the weather has been perverse. The week of Django Fest is usually shorts & tee shirts. This week has been, and continues to be, windy and wet. Not ideal for Djammin' in the campground, courtyards and cafes. So pour yourself a glass of your favorite adult beverage and enjoy the concerts knowing wherever you sit it will be more comfortable than the old high school auditorium.

Bucomac63000BillDaCostaWilliamsadrian
  • StringswingerStringswinger Santa Cruz and San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭ 1993 Dupont MD-20, Shelley Park Encore

36 bucks was a no brainer. Especially to help my pal Simon Planting and the folks of WICA.

"When the chord changes, you should change" Joe Pass
    edited September 2020 Posts: 140

Concert tonight was a killer!

Comments?

P.S. The best $12 I ever spent. Spent way more on a nice bottle of wine to chill out while watching. My wife even watched most of it.

Fapy tomorrow - WOW!

Please buy tickets and support these wonderful players,