DjangoBooks.com

Favorite picks in 2024?

Comments

• juandererjuanderer New ALD Original, Manouche Latcho Drom Djangology Koa, Caro y Topete AR 740 O

I keep spending way too much on pics, occasionally, but nothing beats 1.5 and 1.1 Dunlops (gator grip, delrin) or Wegen Big City.

• beaudjangobeaudjango Virginia (Alexandria)New 2016 Craig Bumgarner Derecho

My go to was the Buzz S3 skinny but they are not made anymore. I recently bought a few Killy Nonis picks and really like them. They are fast and precise.

• guitarmikeguitarmike Montreal, Quebec✭✭ Old French Gypsy Guitar

Anyone knows how to order à Killy Nonis pick ?

I am not registered on Facebook, so is there any other way ?

Thanks !

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

I asked the same thing about a year ago on an older thread here. Someone provided this e-mail: [email protected]

I can't confirm whether it works or not, but have no reason to beleive it doesn't.

• GondebaudGondebaud New

Sure, this email adress works.

• guitarmikeguitarmike Montreal, Quebec✭✭ Old French Gypsy Guitar

Working or not, a big thank you to you.

Mike

billyshakes
  • RSpenceRSpence New

Killy Nonis picks and Wegen 3.5.

• MikeKMikeK Asheville, NCNew Altamira M-10, Epiphone Zephyr Regent

Out of respect for Michael (our gracious host who lets us blather on about all thing GJ here for free), here are the top picks I've used (or I've heard great things about) that he sells in the store here:

Blue Chip (pricey, but highly recommended)

Selmer picks (2.0)

And of course, Wegen 3.5's (the unofficial standard in the industry).

• ChristopheCaringtonChristopheCarington San Francisco, CA USANew Dupont MD50, Stringphonic Favino, Altamira Chorus

Rhythm only gig? Wegen original in white.

Rhythm & lead? GG pick by ****.

However, I will say that 3.5mm has a speed limit, and I'm starting to enjoy 1.5mm Dunlop prime tone grips on the blunt edge. Better than blue chip TD60's, gators, or turtles, unless you have a very bright guitar.

• JayinPaJayinPa New

These are fairly new but I've really been enjoying using them. I've found it difficult to find a triangle shaped 2.0 pick I like, so I was glad when a D'addario rep gifted me one of these. I've since bought a few.

https://www.daddario.com/products/accessories/picks-and-pick-holders/Casein/casein-346-wide-pick/