DjangoBooks.com

Favorite picks in 2024?

12346»

Comments

That's the real dilemma. Do we use tortoise picks, period? Wether it's repurposed from a comb or straight from the animal. I can't say I'm not curious about what they sound and feel like. But if I had an opportunity to buy one...not sure if I'd say no flat out.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • paulmcevoy75paulmcevoy75 Portland, MaineNew

I think fetishizing this material ultimately ends up killing some rare animals. No one needs a pick made of tortoiseshell. We can all get by with the 8 million kinds of picks available.

In other words: my solos will sound equally stupid with a Primetone or a tortoiseshell.

Williedjazzybillyshakes
  • paulmcevoy75paulmcevoy75 Portland, MaineNew

These are my fav picks, I stopped trying other ones, these are cheap enough and are just as good as Blue Chips to me.

This is not the translucent Primetone material with the grip (I hate that stuff).

Highly recommended. If I didn't use these I'd probably use the purple tortex but I much prefer these.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZECWE6C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• edited July 11 Posts: 4,833

I agree, absolutely.

Funny thing, at some point I posted about these primetone picks too and said pretty much the same. They're great. The forum doesn't like the link for some reason so it's these ones

DavidKOS
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel