DjangoBooks.com

Rosenberg Trio and Biréli : "Djangologists" Album OUT NOW !

Comments

• Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    \m/ \m/

(Rock 'n' Roll !)

This looks like such a cool project. You really have the guys working overtime lately. I keep hearing about all these cool projects you're doing. Nice work, man! Well done.

-Bob
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone downloaded the Live tracks on the downloads page? None of them seem to be working as mp3 files right now...

best,
    Jack
  • Super Mario MaccaferriSuper Mario Maccaferri Route Nationale 20, FranceNew
    Hi Jack,
    actually you're right (glad you told me), they don't work anymore because we've moved the website from a "dot eu" place to a "dot com" one and since we 'll very soon change this download page totally, I didn't even take the time to move all the files to the new url just to remove them the next week...
    I'll try to get them working tonight or tomorrow, but be aware it's last call :) after that the files will be gone. Grab them, everyone !
    Cheers and seasons greetings from The Rosenberg Trio to you all !
    "There's no business like shoe business"
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    That makes sense...thanks for giving us one more chance!
    Hey Jack,
    they're back in place, so you can download them all... They'll be gone in a week or two at most, be fast :D
    And thanks again for letting me know something was wrong !
    cheers !
    Hi Everyone,
    Initially scheduled a little earlier, the "Djangologists" album has been delayed due to a technical problem in the development of the store on The Rosenberg Trio's website.

Djangologists *should* be online by Tuesday the 13th. In the meantime, we've provided a track as free download on allaboutjazz.com, here : http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/jazzdow ... hp?id=5021

It's an electric take of the Classic "Les Flots Du Danube" or "Anniversary Song", with Stochelo using his Selmer #504, an old Stimer Mike and a brand-new Peche A La Mouche amplifier.

The album features 24 different tracks in all, including 5 such electric tunes and 5 with no other than Bireli Lagrene on Lead guitar or electric bass, as well as a bonus 57 minute movie documenting the week spent in studio...

We're currently supplying it to all digital retail stores, who will each price it according to their own policy - and without the extras (i.e. movie and 6 bonus tracks).
    On the band's site the whole package will be priced 8 euro only, and all of this income will directly benefit the artists.
    People not wanting to buy Mp3s will be able to order it at Amazon's CD ON DEMAND and get a CD copy for around 20 bucks.
    Stochelo, Nousche and Nonnie wish all of you guys a wonderful, Djangoesque 2010, and hope to see you on the road !
    More about this here : http://therosenbergtrio.com/spip.php?article1
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    don't forget the free transcriptions... and maybe the possibility of a massive songbook.. hmm hmm
  • MaxwellGarcesMaxwellGarces Laguna Niguel, CA.✭✭✭
    who are you dennis chang? master transcriber of the century.
    Denis "I could transcribe this" Chang !

:shock:

Thumbs up !
  • TranscriberMan ... ???? :lol:
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed