DjangoBooks.com

Rosenberg Trio and Biréli : "Djangologists" Album OUT NOW !

Comments

• neillneill portland ,englandNew
    I got the VLC player - 3rd try was only up to 39Mb.. trying again now..
  • gypsyfangypsyfan ✭✭
    Neil, you have to download 350mb file then unpack it and then play it with VLC or GOM player.
    I have found it was not possible to download it using Firefox, use Internet Explorer.
    yeah i'm using internet explorer - it just won't finish downloading.. i'll keep trying.. it comes in a zipped file and only gets less than half way each time.. if i try to extract any files from the bit that does arrive it just says theres no files to extract..
  • Tele295Tele295 San Buenaventura (Latcho Drom), CA✭✭✭ Gitane DG300, D500
    neill wrote:
    second try, got to 139Mb - still same message - invalid or corrupt file when I try opening it.. trying again right now.. I'm on a PC so have got windows media player..

My copy worked with Windows Media Player once I downlaoded the free xvid codec.
    Jill Martini Soiree - Gypsy Swing & Cocktail Jazz
    http://www.jillmartinisoiree.com
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    edited January 2010 Posts: 1,252
    Well... I found a way to do it - or at least a way that worked for me...

*edit*

Sounds like your timeout suppression did the trick. Likely all my technique did was speed up my throughput enough to be able to download it before the timeout... Sounds like it's fixed now...

DYNAMITE stuff, man. The Stimer tone is so legit - it's just crazy... it screams. Bireli on the e-bass ala Jaco and even some friends from hard rock making a contribution. Something old and something new which is very appropriate as Django wasn't standing still in his musical career either. It looks like the gents had fun doing this. Kudos.

-Bob
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • Super Mario MaccaferriSuper Mario Maccaferri Route Nationale 20, FranceNew
    Guys,

not sure wether this'll be of any help but :

- the Technician found some sort of a "timeout" code which might have terminated downloads after a set period of time. he suppressed that....

- I myself have again tested : Bought the album, downloaded the movie's 338 or so Mb. It worked perfectly, took me about 15/20 minutes to download, and I'm located in France, whereas the servers are in the US... So it's really amazing all this time lost for all of you. I also kept browsing the Rosenberg Trio's site during download.

Still searching... anyone who had trouble and finds it to work now, please announce it as vigourously as your dispappointment when it didn't ! ;)

Thanks for your help.
    "There's no business like shoe business"
    It all downloaded fine in the end .. and its excellent by the way.. many thanks..
  • ibradburibradbur Halifax Nova Scotia✭✭✭
    Still no success, and tired several locations across Canada and the US.
  • I couldn't get past the part asking me what state I live in .... well ... at least not without posting some false info :shock: ..
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • Super Mario MaccaferriSuper Mario Maccaferri Route Nationale 20, FranceNew
    Then, just as for playing the guitar, you must THINK GIPSY... and thus give a fake adress :)
    We won't sue you :mrgreen:
    "There's no business like shoe business"