DjangoBooks.com

Gonzalo "How I Learned" support group...?

Comments

• thickpickthickpick ✭✭✭
    Elliot wrote:
    How much is it to correct and put in a single page, 9 cents?

It's probably closer to 10 cents. But regardless, you should email or pm Gonzalo your questions. The guy is posting on this very forum, so instead of just saying you can't make sense of his chords, why not ask him to explain them to you? I'm sure he'd be happy to.
  • gonegone New
    FACEBOOK GROUP FOR HOW I LEARNED

Guys i made a support group[ on facebook, i promise i will do my best to help you all with these shitty books!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... 7289433916

G
  • rafapakrafapak ✭✭
    HotTinRoof wrote:
    rafapak wrote:
    gone wrote:
    I wouldn't get it myself

Gonzalo

What do you mean? Do you think little about second part of your book? Or maybe you mean that it is hard to get second part in the market? Please, leave comments

Rafa... Are you for real or just having fun with all of us? :shock: :lol:
    Don't... that's a rhetorical question...

When I first saw this message I probably didn't do enough thinking. It was so suprising for me that the author wrote that he wouldn't buy his own book. Now I get the point. Good joke anyway!
  • rafapakrafapak ✭✭
    gone wrote:

Guys i made a support group[ on facebook, i promise i will do my best to help you all with these shitty books!

G

He did it again. I got the idea this time. What I am afraid of is that now because Gonzalo chose to deal with the subject of his books in humorous manner , he will not take seriously questions in relation to his books. People who would like to get response from the author will be given not serious answers. Unfortunately I would like to learn something from the author's responses. Probably I am minority here, probably people want to have some fun and this is their main concern.
  • redbluesredblues ✭✭
    I probably didn't do enough thinking
    enough thinking
    thinking
  • gonegone New
    jesus christ, i was joking, ok no more jokes, come to the facebook group, i wrote the books becasue i want to help, becasue i'm exactly like you, a guy that wants to play better guitar.

Gon
  • redbluesredblues ✭✭
    more jokes please gone, i enjoyed them,
    unfortunately this forum has a particularly dumb person, don't let that reflect the rest of us
  • rafapakrafapak ✭✭
    rafapak wrote:
    gone wrote:

G

He did it again. I got the idea this time. What I am afraid of is that now because Gonzalo chose to deal with the subject of his books in humorous manner , he will not take seriously questions in relation to his books. People who would like to get response from the author will be given not serious answers. Unfortunately I would like to learn something from the author's responses. Probably I am minority here, probably people want to have some fun and this is their main concern.

In mentioned above message I wrote about my worries. I didn't write anything like: it would be cool if gonzalo stopped joking. I like jokes myself and if it depended on me I would encourage people to write in humorous manner. My worries probably refer to my bad experience during workshops etc. I saw many people there who were not interested in music or guitar playing . Parties or stuff like that were their main concern. I don't mind parties but I hate when because of 'party people' those who want to learn during workshops can't because those who are less interested spoil everything. I don't compare this forum to workshops I took part in. I enjoy this forum because I can find important info here. Again, I wrote about my worries above, not about my wishes . I didn't tell anybody what they should or should not do.
  • ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
    thickpick wrote:
    Elliot wrote:
    How much is it to correct and put in a single page, 9 cents?

It's probably closer to 10 cents. But regardless, you should email or pm Gonzalo your questions. The guy is posting on this very forum, so instead of just saying you can't make sense of his chords, why not ask him to explain them to you? I'm sure he'd be happy to.

At this point I probably won't have to, :roll: but thickpick, you seem to have quoted and spelled everything correctly - did you happen to go over this once before you posted? :lol:

I certainly wouldn't say that, they could be in fact best GJ books around AFAIK, but for heaven's sake..!

That was a nice take-away, though.
  • zeddyfreezeddyfree The Netherlands, near UtrechtNew
    Well, my first reaction to the "joke" was: "What? Thats not a nice thing to say to people who bought the second book, and bad marketing btw". And dare I say it, I'm an intelligent person, although I do advise my friends to wave a flag around with "sarcasm" written on it when they use that weird human humor... called sarcasm.... :|

Anyway, I like the books. The etude style really helps me study this music instead of just trying to jump into the deep and start improvising with licks and arps. I've worked with just two etudes from the first book, and started to write my own for songs I'm working on. My technique has improved significantly over the past few weeks. So thank you, and thank you for the blank tab sheets!

Oh, and no more bad "jokes" or I'll ask for a refund for these shitty books!

Seeya on facebook