DjangoBooks.com

So, what's everyone working on today?

Comments

• Ian RossiterIan Rossiter Fort Vermilion ,Alberta ,CanadaNew
    Today...I'm actually having to pick up the Telecster and practice my Chickin pickin,and Blues/Rock licks for a gig next weekend. I haven't really played much electric since my Dr.Z MAZ 38 blew up back in July. Any other Amp just sucks in comparison,so I've been playing the acoustics ever since.
    Practice ,Practice,EAT PRACTICE- Tommy Tedesco
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    I'm trying to put together a demo to get some restaurant and old age home gigs around my area, just me playing solo with backing tracks, so I hoped that this might be suitable.

One of my wife's favourite tunes... hope you like it, even though it's not really GJ.

(However, it should be said that Django and Joni Mitchell would have totally fucked each other's brains out...)

Will
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • Ian RossiterIan Rossiter Fort Vermilion ,Alberta ,CanadaNew
    "Django's Tiger" today.
    Practice ,Practice,EAT PRACTICE- Tommy Tedesco
  • HCQHCQ Northeast NJ✭✭✭
    "I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm" though I prefer Billie Holiday version.
    "Stardust", "Lambeth Walk" "Four In One" and "Criss Cross".
    HCQ
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Bireli's 3 choruses of Minor Swing from the Gypsy Project album.

Here's the tab. It's really the first Bireli transcription that I have done and I'm not really sure about his fingerings so if any of you have any opinions on that please let me know before I spend too much time practicing the wrong fingerings.

Here's the mp3.

BTW, I remember seeing a video of them playing minor swing in the studio. If anyone knows where to get that or can post a link.....

Thanks
  • PolkatPolkat Chico, CANew
    Finishing up gluing the garland on a Chanot style violin I'm making. Then I'll start working guitar on a version of "Baby It's Cold Outside".
    Violin's swing the best!
  • neillneill portland ,englandNew
    Bones, that clip you talk about is on the extras on the 'Live Jazz a Vienne' DVD.
  • delb0ydelb0y ✭✭
    I'm working on something that it seems like everyone in the world but me knows - the 1937 Minor Swing solo. Reckon it'll be a few more weeks before I'm done. I hope my transcribing and memorising skills improve or I reckon I'll never get into double figure in terms of learning Django solos.

Derek
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Neill,

Thanks I'll check that out! I knew I saw it somewhere. I have that DVD. I'll pull that one out today since I have not watched that one in a while and I'm recovering from a head cold (good excuse to kick back and play guitar/watch videos all day).

B
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    "Paquito" by Ninine Garcia