DjangoBooks.com

So, what's everyone working on today?

Comments

• BonesBones Moderator
    Derek,

It takes a lot of hours and a lot of repetition. Just keep at it and have fun.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Hey Phil,

That's a great one. I just checked it out on Youtube. Never heard it before.

Do you have a grille or lead sheet?

Thanks
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    Hey Bones - here's a grille...enjoy! cheers Phil
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Thanks Phil!

Another one for the repertoire. So many great songs, so little time....
  • BonesBones Moderator
    In the process of praticing that Bireli Minor Swing transcription I've made some changes/corrections so I thought I should repost it in case anyone was using it.

Also, I can't quite get what he is doing in measures 31-36 so if anyone has any clues please reply.

I posted the mp3 earlier in this topic

thanks
  • Rythm changes rhythm and solo
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Phil wrote:
    "Paquito" by Ninine Garcia
    Wonderful!

When we were in Paris in October, I spent two fantastic weekend afternoons at La Chope des Puces listening to Ninine & Rocky and their friends. I was a bit apprehensive the first time, because it is quite a seedy neighborhood, but once in the bar it was GJ Heaven! Anyone traveling to Paris must put La Chope on your itinerary for Saturday and Sunday afternoon.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    4th day or so back after better than a couple of years' off, I think. So trying to get a dry 2-4, working chords, and not much else. A baby, once again.
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • Ian RossiterIan Rossiter Fort Vermilion ,Alberta ,CanadaNew
    Oh,I dunno, Gypsy Jazz guitar usually makes me feel like I never played the guitar before!! It's really good for crushing the ol' ego....in a really great way of course!!
    Practice ,Practice,EAT PRACTICE- Tommy Tedesco
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    Just finished a Stochelo transcription. Hoping to keep the energy focus level up.